Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Sold it today for $20,600 with 1,850 miles on it and paid $26,200. $5,600 for 9 1/2 months = $560 per month. I guess that's okay. I would have liked to get $21K but it probably wasn't worth haggling over $400 and I wasn't actively selling anyway.
So what are you going to do now?:(

·
Registered
560 Posts
I don't know. Maybe a Harley or a Boss Hoss. :D

Seriously, I'm not sure. I think I'm fine with just the MV since it used it more often than the Tricolore. There's suppose to be a new MV coming out next year so I'm waiting for that.

Also, I have a 9 month old son (first child) and my wife wasn't really too happy with me constantly riding motorcycles - and in all honesty, I've starting becoming more afraid of always being on a motorcycle since my child was born too. So, having one bike means I'll just use our family car for the more traffic prone areas.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I know the feeling, I have a 21 month old, and son number 2 is a little over 2 months away. I started selling my toys for more family stuff (Harley is gone, Vette is on its way) but my wife told me not to sell the Duc (which I was going to do). Im done with track days for a while though.

Too many crashes - even "taking it easy". Challenge is, over the years, what feels easy know I use to work my butt off to do when I started.

Youve definitely got the right priorities.

-d

·
Registered
488 Posts
Von

You have any kids? When it was just my wife and I, it really wasnt selfish. You have time and funds for lots of toys.

When the little ones show up, well something changes. My wife and I had been together almost 8 years before we had our first kid. Then things shift when you first hold that little life.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Was at Chicago Cycle this week... they still had 1 Tri up front, and two in the back.
Hey, This guy was looking for a Tricolore a while back:

I am a long time collector of Italian motorcycles including Bimota and Ducati and am interested in your bike. I look forward to discussing the possible purchase with you. I live in San Rafael and am a bona fide buyer. I have acquired bikes from Marin BMW, Scuderia West and Hattar Motorsports among others.
Please call me when you get this email. I have my check book in hand.

Home: 415-499-1800
Work: 415-421-3434
Cell: 415-299-1600

Sam Bernstein

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hey brother! You're on the wrong bike. Yours is in the garage. Over there on the left. That pretty little blue thing that you must have gotten from Jason. Nice of your daughter to let you sit on hers though. heh heh heh.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

I am a long time collector of Italian motorcycles including Bimota and Ducati and am interested in your bike. I look forward to discussing the possible purchase with you. I live in San Rafael and am a bona fide buyer. I have acquired bikes from Marin BMW, Scuderia West and Hattar Motorsports among others.

Sam Bernstein
Vaughn,

Didn't you have a little "dust up" with Mr. Bernstein? Rather a :jerkoff:, he?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Vaughn,

Didn't you have a little "dust up" with Mr. Bernstein? Rather a :jerkoff:, he?
That is correct. But perhaps someone else who is interested in selling their Tricolore might have better luck with him. Afterall, $$$ are $$$.

My personal opinion is that I will not sell to him. It is also my personal opinion that his past temperment is indicative of instability. Previous trouble tends to invite additional trouble (LOL) !!!

~V~

·
Registered
210 Posts

Sam Bernstein
I beleive that he can also be reached by e-mail at:

[email protected]

·
Registered
210 Posts

Sam Bernstein
Oh, and his website is:

http://bernsteinjadeart.com/main.html

·
Registered
210 Posts

Sam Bernstein
Has anyone phoned this guy to see if he wants to buy a Tricolore?

~V~

21 - 38 of 38 Posts