Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else ran into what appears to be a 5% dealer markup on 1098 parts and accessories? One dealer I ran into, I won't mention any names, has put a 5% mark up an all the current 1098 parts & accessories. What's up with that? It's funny because I called 5 dealers within a 100 mile radious of where I live, and no one else had any such mark up. Two of the 5 I spoke with, did mention that many of the parts would be limited the first year, so if I wanted something, to leave a deposit on it, but no mention of a mark up. One of the dealers I spoke with even offered to give me a "special package price" if I were to pick up a few items from the 1098 catalog. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I still wait for the total price for all the parts I have my dealer safe for me.. but he told me two prices which were rather 5% under the MSRP... I post when I get the final prices ....

·
Registered
96 Posts
I suspect it is a price adjustment. Ran into the same thing last week, dealer got the prices from his computer so I don't suspect it was his doing, and come to think of it, it may have been less then 5% on many of the items.
Fran

·
Registered
55 Posts
My dealer gives any new bike customer a 10% reduction on any parts or accse. for 3 months form date of purchse. Otherwise it is MSRP unless they have something in hand they are willing to discount.

My only complaint _ which really is not one _ I wanted to buy something for my BMW and was going to use the 10% discount to buy it, but I wanted to buy it now - pre-1098. They wouldn't spot me the 10% discount in advance of the 1098 purchase so I bought at a dealer who discounted the parts I wanted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealer was willing to "deal" with certain accessories, such as the carbon fiber pieces. One of the things that he wasn't dealing on was the exhaust, Termignoni slip-ons or full system.

·
Registered
112 Posts
5% Mark up? :jerkoff:

I pre ordered the Termi slipons and rear stand at dealer cost. As said above, most places will give you 10% under MSRP.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just before I picked up my bike the Dealer told me it would cost an additional 5% more.....Dec27 Deposit....HE said it was on bikes being Ordered/delived after Feb 8... I use some legal mumboe gumboe.....and he honored the Original price. I believe he had a letter from DNA, but he wasn't showing me...and I asked to see it.

It's the Euro

·
Registered
13 Posts
overpriced parts

We have only ourself to blame. We run out and drop deposits on the 1098 because "WE MUST HAVE IT." Then we buy 2-3k worth of accessories. The dealers know this is a hot bike so expect markups. They will do markups as long as "WE MUST HAVE IT". If you are spending 15k + on a 1098 and your dealer wont budge on the price of a pipe and some carbon... then you need to find another dealer.
We also need to be patient! The prices will stabilize, they always do. Anyone remember when the Ford Mustang GT came out a few years back. Ford dealers were charging 5-8k over list for that car. BECAUSE PEOPLE HAD TO HAVE IT. Now Ford will give you at least a 1k discount on a GT.
By the way, my dealer gave me 10% off on a Ducati leather jacket just for putting a deposit down on a 1098. If your dealer is raping you on parts, accessories or the price of your bike you need to find another dealer. Period.

·
Registered
78 Posts
salesmen are salesmen...used cars or ducati's, they are all the same. My dealer gave me a 10% discount on the full termi but magically put it back into the service fee. He made up some crap about the surrounding area all raising their prices. He was wrong and now I am never recommending anyone to his store for a bike or parts. Too bad for him, the ducati is a rolling billboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts