Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's pretty harsh, man.

In Victoria at least it is a legal requirement to disclose a vehicles WOVR status, I don't know about NSW, but your laws are pretty messed up on the subject. Have a look at the current crop of bikes which a statutory write offs for no good reason apart from trying to stop habibs chop shop rebirthing bikes.

For all you know, it could have had some very, very minor damage that doesn't reflect it's true and current condition.

Anyway, your link says it's sold. So I'm guessing someone prepared to drop 50K on a bike would have done the correct checks to satisfy themselves.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did you personally contact the seller and did he not disclose the WOVR status?

I wouldn't be surprised if falling off the side stand made it a write off, it just about happens with an 1199 with Ducati's ridiculous pricing on parts.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Scott, did you ever have any intention on purchasing the bike or are you a typical tyre kicker and time waster?

Because we're only hearing your side of the story and not the sellers. He probably picked you from a mile away and gave you nothing, I'd do the same.

I've been in the vehicle repair industry for well over 20 years and I know a thing or two about write off's and insurance companies.

As an example, a BMW workshop quoted a HP4 for an insurance claim and it came in circa 26K as they wanted to replace the frame because of stone chips. Chime in insurer moving the bike to another repairer who struggled to get circa 14k of repairs on the same bike.

There is little doubt the Desmo went to a Ducati dealer and was over quoted as usual coupled with parts delays and price so the simple fix was to write it off. potentially the client was a pedantic pain in the arse not helping his cause.

Now we come to the WOVR. The simple fact, if it's on the WOVR there is NOTHING structurally defective to prevent it from being put back on the road safely. If it's a stat, then it has some further damage but this doesn't guarantee it's unsafe either but authorities play on the cautious side.

Then NSW, everything is a STAT regardless how little damage and is horrifying seeing some bikes being a STAT for cosmetic damage.

I think you're being a bit of a twat about it, not everyone shares the same view as you, so move on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I stand by my previous comment, you're being a twat.

There is ZERO reason for you to tell people not to touch the bike, sure let us know it's on the WOVR but let the purchaser make the decision on whether they want the stigma of a WOVR status or not.

Once again, you're telling us your side, the seller is no where to be seen to quantify their position on the sale. It's plausible they purchased the bike already repaired and re-registered which would also excuse them from having evidence of previous damage. Where was the bike located and where was it's WOVR status registered?

You owned and insurance company? Well, actually it's not impossible for a small time person to start an insurance company. So how did it work out for you?

By the way, your stance to 'warn' people has gone well and beyond just a warning. You've made every assumption under the sun that there is something 'wrong' with the bike with little more evidence than a return email you weren't content with. It also stands to reason you wanted a bargain, hence why you made the enquiry and then got all upset, high and mighty even though the advertised price let alone the sale price reflects the WOVR status.

You owned an insurance company, tell us the average percentage reduction in value applied to a vehicle on the WOVR.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I love "Keyboard" warriors! Feel free to PM over your mobile number and we can discuss this like "Adults" :jerkoff:
Is that because you've already sent your number to me?

Fark me, any more showboating from you and I will be sick :loser:

If you were as important as you say you are, I probably would have heard of you or you would have been around these woods far longer than me...twat.

Either way, it's probably been purchased and shipped OS for sale at a tidy profit and it's WOVR don't mean shit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sheesh, some people are pretty sensitive. No wonder litigation is so prevalent in some western societies!
Either way, if a certain individual was such a hot-shot, why isn't his arse parked on an invite on Superlegopener?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.