Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Best part is if I get tired of the colour or don't like it anymore it can be removed and put back to the stock white without any problem and within a short period of time. #PLASTIDIPFORTHEWIN lol.

Lightly dusted with a matte clearcoat for longevity and to prevent unwanted peeling.

Waiting on black Ducati/848 decals and in the process of sourcing out carbon lower fairings/exhaust heat shield & swingarm cover.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm not sure if it is just me but I cannot get these pictures to fully load. The images end up about 30% loaded. I'm not quite sure what you decided to Plasti-Dip but I considered doing it on my wheels. There's so much to do with it but I'm concerned with doing it on the 1199 as I hear the paint is very soft. Perhaps just the wheels I'll do. Let me know if you ever remove it as to how it goes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm not sure if it is just me but I cannot get these pictures to fully load. The images end up about 30% loaded. I'm not quite sure what you decided to Plasti-Dip but I considered doing it on my wheels. There's so much to do with it but I'm concerned with doing it on the 1199 as I hear the paint is very soft. Perhaps just the wheels I'll do. Let me know if you ever remove it as to how it goes.

FYI, the pics opened instantly on my iPad, using DSL and wireless router. Some pics seem to struggle to load, just as you describe, and I lose patience waiting so give up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure why the slow load speed/long wait time, opens quickly for me on my desktop.

I put gunmetal grey plastidip over my oem white fairings and powdercoated the rims blue previously.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I was thinking something along the lines of being able to plastidip for specific occasions. Maybe the colors of your favorite sports team for game day, holidays, or hell even rainbow for pride (week? parade? day? I'm not sure which) if that's your thing.

You could change rim or accent colors like your average 20 something cosmetologist female that is a little into punk (or at least pretends to be).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where did you buy it from? Do they have other colors or just black ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks awesome. Where did you get your stomp grips (?) from?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did u remove the front wheel when u sprayed it?

No why would I do that? the rims are POWDERCOATED. The front hugger I did remove to spray.

Can you write up the specifics of how you did that? I'm thinking of doing this to my track setup!

1: Remove fairings from bike and clean using a non-oily/greasy cleaner
2: Spray 5 coats of Plastidip on each piece (waiting 25-30mins between coats)
3: Reassemble bike
4: Wait 5hrs or so for it to dry/bake/cure/set
5: Smile / Ride

Looks awesome. Where did you get your stomp grips (?) from?
Those are not stomp grips, they are TechSpec tank grips.

This. Doesn't hold up for nothing. Friend did it on his bike, ended up looking like crap and peeling after not too much time.
I've seen the same results on afew buddies bikes, thus the reason I lightly dusted it with a matte clear coat to help prevent that from happening, we shall see how it holds up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts