Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
As far as I can find; the site states this tuner does not work for the new Monster 821 or 1200's. Anybody know different?

I would like to use this but it would have to support the Monster 1200.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dutch, I just picked up a Bluetooth obd adapter and the fiat to obd harness, this app is definitely tempting. Have you flashed any tunes onto you 848? is it a stock ecu? If so, what tunes have you tried?

EDIT: guess I should have just read their site...

* With Bluetooth connection, the functions for reading and flashing of maps, are disabled in TuneECU.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Got this app, and have had success connecting, resetting tps, and service msg.

Tried loading the highlighted two maps.

One was no crank issue, so obviously a fail. The second, has an error mid loading which causes a bunch of problems since its issue occurs after the ecu erase. Basically leaves you with a empty ecu and a bike that doesnt work. Luckily after many failed attemps, Tuneecu asked if Id like to do an emergency restore, thank god.

So, as a result, I wouldnt suggest any of the maps on that tune list, for fear of ruining something. Your best bet would be to find a buddy with a DP ecu, have him save the map to his phone or tablet, and have him email it to you. I dont see why that wouldnt work, and it should be a guarenteed good route.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
G'day all!

I'm trying to get TuneECU working for Android on my 2010 848.

So far I have tried it on two devices, a Samsung P605 tablet and n9007 phone.

I've bought:
- TuneECU
- Blue OBD2 cable, eBay "VAGCOM USB KKL 409.1 Cable for OBD2"
- Adapter cable from Lonelec "MOTO GUZZI DUCATI 3 PIN TO 16 PIN OBD ADAPTOR (LEZBFI316)"
- Tested working USB OTG adapter (tested on several USB sticks, works fine)

The bike has Termi slip-ons, and (apparently) a matching ECU - done by a previous owner.

I have what I suspect is the original ECU in the box that the replacement one came in.

The box (and what I suspect is on the bike) is "96519408B. Centralina Silenz.Racing 848. Racing Silencer ECU 848."

When I connect everything up, I can't get TuneECU to recognise a connection. The small red light on the ODB2 cable lights up when plugged into the phone or tablet, but I don't get any further than that.

Would my ECU be incompatible with TuneECU?

I've attached a picture of where I'm connecting to - the plug with a cap on it underneath the battery box.

I've tried with the ignition on and off, no difference.

With the components I've bought, I'm confident of the Lonelec cable and the OTG adapter, but the ODB2 cable supplier on eBay now no longer exists... should I be suspicious of this component?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers!
Michael.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you for your input!

Sounds like I've been following the correct procedure.

- Adapter plug into ECU dianostic socket, positive and negative alligator clips attached the the positive and negative terminals of the battery (tested current flow by multimeter across the alligator clips themselves.
- ODB2 cable into adapter cable. No light on ODB2 cable.
- ODB2 cable into USB OTG cable. No light on ODB2 cable.
- Ignition on, wait couple of seconds for initial turn-on.
- USB OTG cable into phone/tablet. Only now the red light on the ODB2 cable comes on.
- Start TuneECU.
- Press ECU button.
- Prompted to turn on Bluetooth. Regardless of bluetooth turned on or off at this point, the connect option at the top remains greyed out. I think it's asking for Bluetooth because it can't find anything via USB, so assumes Bluetooth as the next connection method.

USB Debugging is definitely turned on - I'm a custom ROM user from way back, Developer Options and USB debugging on soon after a new ROM.

I've noticed the diagnostic plug I'm going to (which sounds like the right one) only has two wires going into the back of it - is this normal? I would have thought it would have had a few more...

On the subject of when the red light should come on on the ODB2 plug, it definitely comes on only when connected to the phone, not on connection to the (supposedly) powered ECU socket and adapter plug, even with the power connected. Photo before and after below.

Last picture is of the ODB2 cable flipped over. It certainly looks like it at least has the correct stickers on it...

It would be easy to open the ODB2 cable up and check the circuit, perhaps there's something I can spot in there.

Or I just buy an ODB2 cable from Lonelec or another known good supplier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the advice, guys.

Now that I've been burnt once, I'm going with the safe option, and have just ordered the cable from Lonelec. More expensive than other options, but at least it won't be more wasted money...

I'll let you know how the new cable goes.

Cheers!
Michael.

·
Registered
17 Posts
G'day all!

Just a quick update - my ODB2 cable from Lonelec arrived on Friday afternoon... fortuitous, as I had planned my 12,000 km service on the weekend!

TuneECU now works fine, so the ODB2 cable was definitely the problem. Was able to reset the service message, export the fuel maps (just to see if it could), and change the custom display on startup.

It all worked with no errors, though a bit slower that I was expecting. It took a good 15 minutes to load the fuel maps from the ECU to the phone.

Cheers!
Michael.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.