Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've acquired a 66 Sebring , it has had a long, interesting ,and hard life and is in poor shape right now. Along the way, it's frame fork head was chopped to accomodate Honda dirt bike forks. I have the original forks but need to know the original length of the tube in order to restore it. Does anyone have a stripped down frame to measure for me??? I detect some differences in that area between models according to the manual photos.
Also, the rear frame tubes are angled in to meet the top loop, a feature I do not see from any Ducati single images I've seen. This machine was originally bought new in England.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe able to help you with this as I have a complete Sebring of similar vintage. It will take a few days as I have the bike stored and need to get to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Bruce. I also just bought a forlorn 66 Sebring. It's (was) all stock. I was out in the garage today disassembling it. I put a tape measure up to the steering tube and took a couple of pics. You know how to attach them in this forum? Or I can e-mail them if you give me an address.

The real irony here is that I came here looking for other brand steering heads that will bolt up to the Sebring so that I can put on a set of CB550 35mm forks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like a Thanksgiving turkey after dinner now. Most of it has completely dissolved into rust--the rims, tank, and muffler were all rusted through. The fenders and side covers are in pretty good shape though. I also won't need the headlight bucket or fork ears, for that matter. Let me know if you need any of these parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've acquired a 66 Sebring , it has had a long, interesting ,and hard life and is in poor shape right now. Along the way, it's frame fork head was chopped to accomodate Honda dirt bike forks. I have the original forks but need to know the original length of the tube in order to restore it. Does anyone have a stripped down frame to measure for me??? I detect some differences in that area between models according to the manual photos.
Also, the rear frame tubes are angled in to meet the top loop, a feature I do not see from any Ducati single images I've seen. This machine was originally bought new in England.
just stripped mine today. you are in luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts