Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help. I was recently given a 350 mk3D and I fell in love with it. It's in pretty rough shape but it appears to be all there. I'd really like to restore it but I'm having trouble finding info on it. Could anyone give me some ideas on where to look.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
This was the first Ducati I ever rode (in 1970-71). Candy red, chrome-sided tank with twin caps - ultra-chic. A yellow 'D' on the sidecover denoted the Desmo from memory. (Non-Desmo had silver-painted tank sides and single cap).
Went pretty well too. Turned out to have a hi-comp piston in it. Could see off most of the 650 twins of the day.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Need a little help. I was recently given a 350 mk3D and I fell in love with it. It's in pretty rough shape but it appears to be all there. I'd really like to restore it but I'm having trouble finding info on it. Could anyone give me some ideas on where to look.
You might find some useful info here:

Bevel Heaven - Vintage Ducati Bevel Drive Motorcycle Extravaganza.

Other than that, some books from Ian Falloon and Phil Aynsley might be helpful as well.

Ian Falloon

Phil Aynsley Photography - Home > Bikes > Ducati > Singles

Best of luck, and post some pix!

·
Registered
4,617 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Sniff around here for a while. Ducati Singles by MotoScrubs.com

I'm in the middle of tinkering on a 250 Mototrans for a friend and I got some good information from the guys on the site. Something I didn't know was that the later Ducati singles were made in Spain by Mototrans. Imagine 60's Italian technology with Spanish electrics. *Not to steal our/your thunder but Italian bikes from that era are pretty crappy.

Should you need a reg/rec, look at Electrex in England.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts