Ducati.org forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for all the info everyone. There seems to be a pretty large margin between the cost of the service between shops. I have 2 Ducati dealers within 50 miles of me so it looks like I'll be going to the lowest bidder. $250 - $400 seems reasonable but $700-$1000+....give me a F'in break!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for all the info everyone. There seems to be a pretty large margin between the cost of the service between shops. I have 2 Ducati dealers within 50 miles of me so it looks like I'll be going to the lowest bidder. $250 - $400 seems reasonable but $700-$1000+....give me a F'in break!
since Ducati's (lowball) suggested price is about $550 I don't see anyone getting it (the full service) for under $400.

Valve adjustments on these bikes is no easy task and takes quite a lot of time

·
Registered
476 Posts
since Ducati's (lowball) suggested price is about $550 I don't see anyone getting it (the full service) for under $400.

Valve adjustments on these bikes is no easy task and takes quite a lot of time
Agreed. I would ride my bike to San Diego if I could save $400+ on the service. Hopefully someone does call GP Cycles and verifies what they charge and what they actually do.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just hit 15k miles on my 1098 and am all of the sudden buring/blowing alot of oil. My tail pipes are pretty black the bike does not want to start. Runs great once running, but now it takes 6 button presses to get her going. Need service.

Was going to go to Moto Forza in North San Diego or GP Cycles which is South San Diego. I think they are affiliated so the prices are prob going to be close.

Anyone got a 15k service done at either please post on the price and time it took.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not trying to side track, but is there that much of a difference between a 1098 and 1198 7500m service. Proitalia quoted me $1200 for my 1198. I almost crapped in my pants. Anyone know where to go around L.A.?

·
Registered
339 Posts
$871 for the service and a NEW front tire (Michelin Pilot). I got 10K out of my last tire, hopefully I can go that far again on this one.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just hit 15k miles on my 1098 and am all of the sudden buring/blowing alot of oil. My tail pipes are pretty black the bike does not want to start. Runs great once running, but now it takes 6 button presses to get her going. Need service.

Was going to go to Moto Forza in North San Diego or GP Cycles which is South San Diego. I think they are affiliated so the prices are prob going to be close.

Anyone got a 15k service done at either please post on the price and time it took.
I live in Vista so I have only deal with Moto Forza in Escondido. I bought my 1098 in VA back in 2008 and then trucked across to CA. They have done all my services since the break in service.

I had to have my engine rebuilt at 22K and they broke it down for me and gave me the full options on what I need to do and what I could do. When I found parts used they helped me out with whether or not I should buy them or look for another one.

It cost about a "G" to do that service and it was back in a few days. they are closed Sun and Mon so if you work it right you can pick it up as they are closing. I always drop it off as soon as they open the doors on Tues or as the are closing Sat night.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I've never understood (or bought into) this whole service every 600 , 7000 mile stuff. If you ain't racing it and its running fine why fix it ?
I have a '99 - 996 with 21,000 miles and it's only had 2 service's.
Keep the oil changed , keep good gas in it , don't trash it and it'll be fine.
Sometimes I think we just tinker around with things to much and we wonder why we have issues.

My 2 cents. :popcorn:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts