Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had something similar to this ages ago, mine was just the relay, however I have the tool for extracting engine faults etc.. and noticed mine often comes up with an injector fault code. I do my own engine ( well carb synch, fuel mixture and adjustements tweaking ) but i also use in addition to the ECU tool have a data logger along with Exhaust Gas Temp, O2 sensors and Knock and other matter of sensors hooked up to my own data lagger connected to a SCADA that i made my self, after cleaning my injectors and gettign my fuel mix adjusted to give me even EGT and AFR numbers ive neevr had the issue again. could be a numbe rof flukes but I can assure you havign the right test gear will help you narrow things down, if you were Perth based id be happy to help...I also have spare stock, modified stock and non stck ECU Eproms....I check my throttle body air bypass screws regularly as with my throttla body balance with gauges, the do drift and it doesnt take a lot to make the bike feel...off, mind you mines getn old and tired....

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, I cant explain that too much, but could be a dirty contact if theyre non guided contacts they tend to not align nicely giving poor surface contact area leading to them burung the gold tips off ( then you have heat , resistance, current doing its magic to destroy your contacts anyway).. I replaced both the relays under my seat with ones from Repco, $14 each and theyve never caused any grief again since dying at the petrol pump. The catch with them is you have to pull the guts out of the Ducati original ones and keep the outer casing and do the same with the repco ones, if you pull the guts out you might find the contacts could be corroded or worn, get a mulitmeter and check the resistance acorss the contacts if its more than .5 ohms(the meter leads resistance)theyre stuffed. I have a lab power supply so can pass high current through relays and solenoids ( starter solenoid for exampel ) to check the contacts for power loss etc... seems like a lot of effort but rules it out. bit like doing a ductor test on a switch board I guess. Theres a guy on Ebay called "Mukeidou" selling a full set of original Ducati relays, if you wanted to have a full set theyre there. however, any old relays with "LUCAS" the prince of darkness should be replaced. the only other thing I can think of with you pulling out and plugging in that relay is a solid state driver on your ECU is giving up the goat for the output that drives your relay. If you have a spare ECU thats the only easy way of checking that one, other wise you need to pass teh max current for teh driever output on your board and measure it while switchign the output and off, but yer getting into teh PCB level component tests here. . However, if you have the ducati ECU tool, you can drive the relay outputs from the software on and off 100 times and see if your relay or ECU output isnt the issue. thats about all the checking I would do before startign to tear apart wiring loom maybe check your ECU main conectors for corroded pins etc... if you pull the large boot off check all the wires are seated in the connector and havent backed out as well. Thats abotu all I can think of off the top of my head.

I am away at work at the moment, if I was Home I would make a video of all these checks and send to you to follow.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can get the ecu repaired...there's a place that does exchange them but for the price you'd easier buy a used one off ebay...pricing is about 4-500 repair Aud, but for the same price you get a used one ...let me find the link when I'm home and pull out of my internet favourites link I'll send you a PM. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.