Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I been battling with an electrical issue on my track day bike, when I try to start it the fuel pump relay keeps clicking but the bike won't event turn over, I check the microtec and it tells me that the battery is only at 11v but when I put a meter to it shows 13.9, where can I be loosing the voltage trough?, I even jump the solenoid and the motor crank but it won't doit from the button , I even swap the harness to rule out a short somewhere but it just do the same thing over and over I'm lost here don't know what else to look at

Thanks Juan

·
Registered
60 Posts
+1 on the corrosion. I have a 999s 2005 and had the same starting issue (and it was intermitant).

Start with the ground to case as mine looked clean and was tight but corrosion isnt always visible, it can be small brown spots or pitting.

I disconnected it, cleaned with sandpaper and then bicarb/water solution. Dried it up, used electro spray (or vas will do fine) and tightened her back up. BANG....no more issue.

Being the starting circuit, it needs full flow (zero resistance) or your screwed with the v twins.

This may not be the issue but it is worth a try and is a common cause of many electronic issues.:)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys i will clean the connections and report back, i also double up the wire in the ground side just in case but i didnt clean up the connection

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts