Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2003 749s, but on the bridge at the back wheel i don't got room for or holes for bobbins/spools ?
Do you use paddock stands with rubber like lift thingies that pick up the bike on the bottom of the bridge or do you use a central motor-lift ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bikes with silver grey swingarm (early type) did not have provisions for bobbins. The late type (I believe 2005 onwards) have them.

You can buy aftermarket chain tensioning swingarm inserts that have provisions for bobbins or alternatively rear stand with cups.

I made a custom bracket for my rear paddock stand.

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
I bought a stand similar to the bersig pictured above from Podium Racing. Mine has the castors which make it great for wheeling it around the garage. I also have to say that these are really easy to mount to the bike and lift by yourself. Highly recommended.
FYI, to the new guys, I left Podium Racing, and now am Citta Corsa Performance. I will have the new, updated and RED stands in about Sept. 17th.

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I to use the R&G spools through the axle. I ordered the pit bull rear stand with both the hooks for bobbins and the padded lifts. You should only need the bobbins for most routine maint. In the event you need to remove the wheel take the bobbins off and use the padded lifts.

On the front I had to order the Ducati Hybrid front lift. That's another $300 bucks.

I hope nobody told you this game was cheap.

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
I can't emphasise how much more of an advantage the paddock lift is. You only need one hand to lift the bike, it has wheels so it's mobile. you can work on the wheels, tires, add warmers, work on brakes. chassis adjustments, you name it, for only about $300-$350 shipped.

Since they are coming in shortly(on the way now), I will be doing an early bird for the guys that need tire warmers too, making a special price for both the lift and warmers. Don't let the model number scare you, they are modified for the 749-999 series.

Paddock Stand 848/1198 $269.96 until today

·
Registered
124 Posts
Pit Bull Front and Rear

on the 999 you must use the hybrid stand. I am not very impressed with this attachement, but the rest is quality stuff.

I the use the R&G racing bobbin.slider combo on the rear axle. You just have to take it off to remove the wheel. For everything else you can leave it on.:BoomSmilie_anim:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Damn!

Wish I had seen that before I spent $500 bucks on Pitbull stuff!

I can't emphasise how much more of an advantage the paddock lift is. You only need one hand to lift the bike, it has wheels so it's mobile. you can work on the wheels, tires, add warmers, work on brakes. chassis adjustments, you name it, for only about $300-$350 shipped.

Since they are coming in shortly(on the way now), I will be doing an early bird for the guys that need tire warmers too, making a special price for both the lift and warmers. Don't let the model number scare you, they are modified for the 749-999 series.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

shit, i would order this instantaneous what a deal for a lift and get tire warmers too but i problem , i live in Belgium :p :cross:

·
Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
shit, i would order this instantaneous what a deal for a lift and get tire warmers too but i problem , i live in Belgium :p :cross:
PM Sent

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.