Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice job T, I could've used that gas tank diagram a couple of months back I was using the CD and it's not the greatest images.

Funny thing I swear a shit load of gas came out the lines when I removed them. I too used a bucket to sit the GT on. Then once I took the fuel pump out that leaked for a while too.

it's funny to see a 15K bike on a 500$ lift table. when that 1 fails get a Handy;) best lift table for the money.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Nice job T, I could've use that gas tank diagram a couple of months back I was using the CD and it's not the greatest images.

Funny thing I swear a shit load of gas came out the lines when I removed them. I too used a bucket to sit the GT on. Then once I took the fuel pump out that leaked for a while too.

it's funny to see a 15K bike on a 500$ lift table. when that 1 fails get a Handy;) best lift table for the money.
When I took my fuel lines off, I just had a rag and high hopes that it wouldn't leak much :eek:...thankfully it didn't. Just some drops from the lines was all.

Nothing wrong with a $500 lift. I have an old stand made out of 2x4's that I got for free. No problems putting my $17k bike on a $0 stand....getting it there is a bit sketchy though because it's not wide enough for me to fit next to the bike, so I had to improvise...was not the smartest thing I've ever done, but it worked :D

If it wasn't for that, I was planning on getting the Harbor Freight lift for like $430. It's rated for a lot more than what our bikes weigh, and people have used them with 900 lb cruisers on them and they worked fine.

Reactions: cul8er

·
Registered
438 Posts
^ Yeah I kind of thought it was a luck of the draw with the fuel lines, I just had more fuel in them.

I hear you on the lift thing. I went from cylinder blocks to a plywood and 6X6's table but getting old and didn't want to mess around pull my back out. So I paid the 1k for the handy lift. foot pedal air compressor operated, and Made in IA;)

But if you do buy the HF lift which alot of people do 1st thing you need to do is check the fluid in the pump because those are notorious for coming half or less full of Hydro fluid.

Also the safety bar bends it still works but looks sketchy.

But for what there are cheap garbage they do work:p

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
^ Yeah I kind of thought it was a luck of the draw with the fuel lines, I just had more fuel in them.

I hear you on the lift thing. I went from cylinder blocks to a plywood and 6X6's table but getting old and didn't want to mess around pull my back out. So I paid the 1k for the handy lift. foot pedal air compressor operated, and Made in IA;)

But if you do buy the HF lift which alot of people do 1st thing you need to do is check the fluid in the pump because those are notorious for coming half or less full of Hydro fluid.

Also the safety bar bends it still works but looks sketchy.

But for what there are cheap garbage they do work:p
Well shit, if it's made in Iowa, then no thanks! ;)(just kidding!) :p

Yeah I heard the same exact things about the HF one. At work we have a hydraulic jack from HF...we're on the 3rd one now in 4 years. You get what you pay for I guess.

Reactions: cul8er

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
great post and mahoosive pictures ;) Good tips on the bagging up of exposed pipework. Common sense but not everyone thinks of it.
There is plenty on a bike that the owner should consider doing themselves, especially as it gets older. And if i can do it, anyone can :)

oh yeah. take photos as you go, l;abel everything and put fasteners in baggies clearly labelled where they came from. It's not rocket surgery ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.