Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders, so I just hit the 7500 mark on my 848 it's a 2008 and was wonder how many people have done this service? And how much did it run you? I know it's not a cheap service to do but I'm kinda in a jam due to me getting married and trying to save up for it, so I ask those question and on top of those I ask if I'm not gonna do the 7500 service what do y'all recommend me doing service wise ? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I just had this done and the belts were $100 from CA CycleWorks and the local Ducati mechanic at the local garage charged me $521 after tax for the labour, 2 new spark plugs, 10 O-rings and some fluid. With an oil change that would have run me $650 after tax for Motul 300V.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good been getting about 700-800 for just the 7500 service plus 100 for belts. Where is this ca cycle works? I'm in San Diego ca might be worth the ride to do this if near

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Original belts?

Ugh! You are riding on borrowed time.

Belts are 15K or two years which ever comes first.
The rear cylinder does a good job of cooking the rear belt.

You could do the 7500 mile yourself for under 250.00 including buying the Ducati tools to do the belts.
I doubt the valves are out of spec at 7500 and could wait until 15000. It is not like you have warranty to maintain.
More worrisome are those belts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes original belts problem is I don't have time to do it my self since Is pretty rough now since it's the end of year about..

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
That's good been getting about 700-800 for just the 7500 service plus 100 for belts. Where is this ca cycle works? I'm in San Diego ca might be worth the ride to do this if near
Most places are probably just taking it right from the book and book says approx. 6hrs labour. Actual time to do the belts and check valves is 4.5hrs by a knowledgeable mechanic.

CA Cycle Works is around LA I do believe.

California Cycleworks, Inc. - Aftermarket Ducati Parts for Ducati Performance | ca-cycleworks.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts