Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...
Looking forward to some great info snd experience share..

Recently joined and just bought what must be the last new 796 in the UK in black...lol.

Considering exhausts.... Natural choice is Termi's + ECU + filter.
What other options are a good option? Akrapovics? Do you need ECU remaps with others? If not why not?

Many thanks...
Bevstar247

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi All...
Looking forward to some great info snd experience share..

Recently joined and just bought what must be the last new 796 in the UK in black...lol.

Considering exhausts.... Natural choice is Termi's + ECU + filter.
What other options are a good option? Akrapovics? Do you need ECU remaps with others? If not why not?

Many thanks...
Bevstar247
Hello! ..and welcome!

There are quite a few options, and even more options within those options (finish, etc) While the Termi's are the natural choice, Akros, Arrow, Leo Vince, GPR, Vance & Hines, Zard... there are a number of others. Build construction and brand typically dictate price point, along with included accessories.

Even with a stock exhaust, you can benefit from a ECU remap... The stock fuel map is terribly lean. A ECU remap also allows you to eliminate some of the other emission controls, specifically the exhaust flapper and O2 sensors... which may or may not be legal in your area (for example, we don't have motorcycle emission testing here in Texas, but they do in California.)

Personally, I've pretty much settled on a set of Arrows for my 796. I also bought a used ECU to have reflashed, so I can retain the stock map on the original ECU should there be problems with the used unit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi all Ducatistas,

I have one question about exhaust. I will put 2in1 exhaust system on my M796. Now, have a question about exhaust pipes. Will it play if I put/or copy the pipes from M1100evo (or any other model which has 2in1)?
Looking forward to any information

·
Registered
115 Posts
I guess I can post a photo of mine... finally...

I found that the sound without the DB Killers was too loud... it really 'cracks'... and I don't want to piss off the neighbors. What I did was cut all but 2" off the internal baffle... now they sound good without being obnoxious, and I can still pull the DBK's out if I'm out in the country. The slip-ons themselves greatly improved the engine response, and I can lug the motor down to the low 3K's without the herky-jerky.

Pic of the stock DBK and the basic cut line to remove the restrictive baffle. I did try adding holes for better flow... but in the end, cutting the restrictor was the best compromise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
GPR 2-1-2 Custom with Power Commander 5 ECU mod

You won't be disappointed, though it's a bit more pricey compared to the slip ons.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If I can borrow the topic; where could I get that hangers (seen on photo)! Don’t have a SC-Project muffler, but would like to fix it that way.....?? It’s for Monster 796!
Looking forward to any reply/ suggestions...

b.r.

RogerG

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
No? Anyone?

Tnx,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts