Ducati.org forum banner

821 Frame and Axle Sliders

18K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Hold Fast 
#1 ·
What frame and axle sliders are you using? Having a hard time finding them especially the frame sliders for the 821! Pics would be awesome!!!

#13 ·
What was the problem you found with the tail tidy Daviemcc?

The website from evotech states the following:

"Monster 821 Tail tidy/fender eliminators from EP are CNC machined from the highest grade materials

Retains the original Ducati factory indicators

Evotech Performance supply a new LED number plate light

EP supply new connectors that plug into the Monster 821 loom, so it's a plug and play system".

The only reason I ask, is because I just ordered the setup for that reason. Hope it all fits! 😳

#15 · (Edited)
I have the Evotech tidy installed as well. I have ordered the Ducati front and rear led markers and will be installing these as well. I saw them on the 1200m and it looked really nice and bright! Text Font Design Material property Cloud
Text Material property
Please see part numbers for these LED's. Who says that these LED are not compatible?! They are plug and play on our units! Unless your talking about a different markers? Tool Fashion accessory
Technology Fashion accessory Electronic device Strap Metal

Attachments

#17 ·
how much does the evotech frame sliders stick out? and how much does the speedymoto stick out? i'm looking for something doesn't make it look like a stunt bike or get in the way with your knees. anyone have measurements because pictures make them look like they are 6 inches long.

#18 ·
Evotech frame sliders. Here are some pics with measurements - they do stick out a little more than 6 inches, but they will protect the radiator in a tip over.

I tested them a couple weeks ago when I dropped my bike in my gravel driveway. The frame sliders did their job! Apart from some small scratches on the mirror there was absolutely no other damage!

I'm very happy with the quality and fit of these sliders and I don't mind how they look.

Paul

Attachments

#20 ·
I have the ones made by Rizoma. Here are a few pics in the same format that Paul posted for us. As you can note Rizoma’s are notably shorter. They were easy to install although the left one was a bit of a pain with the coolant tubes.

I had the misfortune of testing my frame sliders performance last Monday. My driveway has a decent inclination to it and as I was rolling the bike to get out of the garage I didn’t slow it enough and dropped it on its left side. I felt like a million dollar debt with such an avoidable drop, but anyways here's the damage report:

1) The bar end mirrors (Rizoma Spy-R’s) obviously suffered. It has some good scratches on it but I’m surprised they didn’t crack as it fell pretty hard. 2) The shifting pedal snapped off though which blew my mind, I have since replaced it with DucaBike. 3) the often maligned rider’s pegs also have minor scratches. Outside of that there’s no damage whatsoever on the bike. Anyways, I can post pictures of both the mirror and snapped pedal if you’d like.

Overall I'm satisfied with their performance, cost and looks. I'm bummed about the pedal but I think its due to the unnatural steep angle at which it was dropped, I don't know maybe.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.