Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know this is a common occurrence when the hat channel bracket at the rear of the tank (mounting point) shears, cracks, or breaks. Question is do most folks just replace with the stock part or go to the aftermarket adjustable billet version to allow for tank expansion. Does anyone know what the stock part # is? I looked through the workshop manual but it does not show the part number. Picture shows the break at the upper right portion...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Yep, common as a brick! FastFrankRacing.com makes a real nice aluminum billet replacement.....bought one for my bike four or five years ago... still just fine....

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have my old one sitting around. I'll give it to you if you cover shipping.

I was proactive and bought the very nice Corse Dynamics one before mine broke. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty sure I have my old one sitting around. I'll give it to you if you cover shipping.

I was proactive and bought the very nice Corse Dynamics one before mine broke. Well worth the money in my opinion.
Thanks for the offer Wa11er. I guess about an hour too late. No big deal. I got it for about $18 shipped. I did see that course dynamics one, but I could get about 8 of the stock brackets for the price of one. This is the first bracket failure after 25k+ miles and 2 free replacement tanks. Once I pass the 7 year mark and can't get the free replacements I will probably pick up the adjustable one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.