Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, Australian's I need the cam belts changed and any other associated work I may need done with this. It is basically the 25000km service, I change all consumables ie oils,bleed the brakes and other minor things but for me the inside the engine is no mans land.
Does anyone have an estimated cost for this to happen.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can't help with a cost estimate mate but I would give Jamie at Sportcycles a call and I'm sure he will look after you.

He has looked after all my bikes for a very long time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got quoted $500 for minor service plus belt change on an 848 Evo. I assume around there less the cost of the minor.

·
Registered
34 Posts
$500 seems cheap. A shop in Brisbane quoted me over $1000 for major service, belts, valves, etc. Bike is an 1198. So I spent less than half than that quoted amount on tools, and do my own valves and belts. I'll buy the software to set TPS, turn off service message, soon (and there's some threads where it can be had for less than $50, with cables, using your smart phone). This is my first Ducati, but have experience with Japanese bikes. But Italian or Japanese bikes, in my experience it is rare to find a dealer/mechanic who gives a shit. If something breaks and I did it, I can't complain. My fault. Learn from it. But I've had things break that were related to work done previously by the dealer, and they'd insist black was white. Not their fault. I'm not interested in being in that situation again, so I learn to do it.
I hope you find a good dealer/mechanic. Do not go with the cheapest just because they're the cheapest. Hopefully someone will point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a mate that has his own bike work shop and he had done my big service for $500. And i got the software for jp to reset tps and change the dash text and turn off the lamba sensor and exhaust valve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.