Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put my bike into 1st gear, my bike already starts moving while my lever is all the way down, another issue is that when I'm riding, I cant put the bike in neutral and it won't shift up gears, so basically I'm stuck in 1st gear and the bike still moves while the clutch is pulled all the way in, I've already tried bleed the clutch lines and master line and I still have the same problem , someone please tell how to resolve this

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Hmm… looks pretty good doesn't it.

Edit: On second thought, I've found the aftermarket levers to be a huge problem and need a bit of tweaking to work properly. I'd focus on that first and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Try to put your clutch lever to position 6. I see you have it on the lowest setting/ closest to the grip. This may be your problem as the actuator is not fully compressing when you pull the lever in. If you put it on position 6 there will be a longer distance of travel and thus a greater actuation.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I had this same issue when I installed new levers the first time. I had it up on stands doing other work and started the bike in gear with the clutch all the way in and the rear tire started spinning. Once I made the adjustment to the higher position the symptoms went away. Took me a while to figure it out though. Ahh the internet...

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
When you change out clutch packs it's always good to note the thickness of the pack going out and going in. That can make a difference in the distance required to engage the clutch for sure. If the stack height was thicker it will require you to add a longer pull to the piston to disengage the pressure plate. Different levers use different plungers or activating mechanisms and have to be adjusted accordingly as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.