Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Corse SE has 1500 miles on it and it went to the shop for the second time today for an oil leak. I tried to show the service guy how full the sight glass was when he picked it up. His reply was with this bike you have to let it warm up for a minute or two then check the oil. I've owned several bikes including 2 other Ducati and have never heard this. His shop was the last shop to change the oil and on the stands cold there wasn't room for even an air bubble; it was completely full. Even the owners manual says to check the oil level cold and on a level surface. Thoughts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Perhaps he meant you have to warm it up to circulate the oil and then let it settle. If oil was added and the sight glass was full after running the engine for a bit, it was over-filled.

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
Should be checked cold when oil is in pan. Should read slightly low if checking after it's just been running.

When you say "on the stand" at the shop are you talking about sitting on a lift or has he got the bike on a rear stand?? You can't check the oil level while on a rear stand or it will read high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts