Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have adjustable rearsets and it has been suggested to move them up and forward vs up and back, what are the benefits to this if any? input from tall guys on what position youre running is appreciated too. I know it was discussed a little but never a reason as to why.
I'm 6'3 so height is not an issue.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
For longer distance rides, the higher and more forward pegs feel great on the 848, much improvement over the lower stockers. It puts your knee above the frame and into the tank pockets which adds comfort. For track, I kinda like a lower peg honestly, it's a lot easier to hang off when you aren't crazy dextrous.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when you keep them low for the track isnt it annoying working around the fairing piece that sticks out? that is why i got new rearsets from stockers

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I bring them down but back a tiny bit, that helps keep your knee from constantly slamming into it. However, the inside of my leathers AND the side of the bike were both worn from riding like that. With leathers on, it's no big deal and it makes riding the bike a lot easier. With jeans on around town, it's a nightmare and thats why I always run the pegs higher and more forward on the street. The 749 and 748 didn't have that problem, I never changed the peg positions between street and track riding, it was only an 848/1098/1198 issue. I also never found anywhere near the same level of comfort on the 848 that my 749 had... that's mostly due to the seat to peg height and how tilted the seat is forward. The Panigale is MUCH better, especially with the DP seat, your balls don't go slamming into the tank under hard braking like the 848/1098/1198. It's rough with jeans on... :(

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im running a set of woodcrafts i picked up right now and I have a superpole seat coming in to help with the nut smashing. But my thought now is turn the bars out a little and change the pegs to up front instead of up back. Because as soon as I hard brake it is nuts to the tank (no tank grips yet).

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Ohhh and the tank grips don't help. I had three different kinds and none of them made a lick of difference. The biggest difference was the seat, that was night and day with jeans. With leathers however, I'd still slide around too much. Sharkskinz makes an awesome single piece tail with a flat pad for the seat. It's a great alternative and stops that ball slamming issue all together. It also raises the rider up about 10mm, which is super nice. I never did that mod to my 848, but I rode a friends 1198 with that done and vastly preferred it. You can also buy that tail for street lights, so you can keep the bike as a street bike if you want.

Reactions: Troy T8

·
Registered
112 Posts
For longer distance rides, the higher and more forward pegs feel great on the 848, much improvement over the lower stockers. It puts your knee above the frame and into the tank pockets which adds comfort.
I'm also 6'3" and that's where I keep 'em for street duty. My goal was to get my knees up and locked into that tank.FWIW, I am used to setting high but, this was the first bike where I didn't also set 'em back.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
All the way up and forward, track and street. It forces your knees up, butt back, and you use your core to keep from leaning all your weight on your wrists.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts