Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all newbie here.

Will be purchasing my first ever Ducati within the week.

Have my eye on the Evo Corse SE.

Some might say why not go for the 899 but I won't lie I love under tail exhaust and the way they look/sound. Reason I'am going for the corse is I prefer the colour. Grey/Black with the contrast red frame.

If anyone has any advice or words of wisdom then fire away.

Its a 2013 (63) reg 848. Has around 5500 miles on the clock.

Cheers all

·
Registered
543 Posts
I also purchased my first Duc just a few months ago after years of wanting one...I ended up with the same bike you are looking at, for most of the same reasons...graphics, style and it just looks bad ass.

Great choice...awesome bike!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Good to have those out of the way...exhaust tends to be one of the more expensive mods...unless you have the carbon bug.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i got my corse for the ohlins suspension, 330mm brakes, aluminum tank, and DQS/DTC

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
I'm not a fan of the 899 only because I'm a SSSA whore, but honestly you can't go wrong either way...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm not a fan of the 899 only because I'm a SSSA whore, but honestly you can't go wrong either way...
had to google SSSA motorcycle lmao...

but yeah me too, i'm a complete whore for the SSSA. when i was buying my corse, they had 899's up there and i just couldn't justify the price hike (i ended up getting my corse for 2.5k under sticker) when both had 0 miles.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I fell in love with the 916 years ago (who didn't) but didn't have the $'s back then to buy one.

When I did have the resources (only 12 months ago) I started hunting down a 916 but quickly realised not being very mechanically minded I'd really struggle to get one that wouldn't spend half the time in the workshop, costing road time and $'s.

So I started looking at later models and discovered so many happy 848 owners expressing their delight on various forums. It had much of the look and feel of the 916 about it and the model had been refined over many years.

In the end any 848 that had been well looked after with low K's (kilometres) would have satisfied my life long dream of owning a Ducati but I through pure luck stumbled on a 6 month old 2013 Evo Corse SE $5,000 (AUD) below new cost with 700 k's on the odo and in as new condition.

I love that this bike is the last of that shape and comes with some extra bells and whistles and a rather special livery, I'm biased but think it's quite a work of art even in Ducati terms.

In short go the SE Corse, you wont regret it :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I fell in love with the 916 years ago (who didn't) but didn't have the $'s back then to buy one.

When I did have the resources (only 12 months ago) I started hunting down a 916 but quickly realised not being very mechanically minded I'd really struggle to get one that wouldn't spend half the time in the workshop, costing road time and $'s.

So I started looking at later models and discovered so many happy 848 owners expressing their delight on various forums. It had much of the look and feel of the 916 about it and the model had been refined over many years.

In the end any 848 that had been well looked after with low K's (kilometres) would have satisfied my life long dream of owning a Ducati but I through pure luck stumbled on a 6 month old 2013 Evo Corse SE $5,000 (AUD) below new cost with 700 k's on the odo and in as new condition.

I love that this bike is the last of that shape and comes with some extra bells and whistles and a rather special livery, I'm biased but think it's quite a work of art even in Ducati terms.

In short go the SE Corse, you wont regret it :)
that said I do see myself on a panagale or the next incarnation when the time comes but suspect that will be after quite a few years of loving my 848 :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts