Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I took my 848 EVO out for a hot date yesterday and right as I'm about to pick the lovely gal up, my warning light turns on! I'm particularly worried (as I'm sure most would be) since I haven't had any problems at all with the bike before. Quick breakdown of the bike: 2011 848 EVO with about 23,000 miles, only mods that could affect her would be resound ti-slip ons but they've been on almost 3 years and I did the charcoal canister removal mod about 2 months ago. The bike is due for a service but that wouldn't cause it to trip a warning light to my knowledge. There's also no Ducati dealers anywhere near me to my knowledge (if someone knows one in Southern Spain please share). What would you guys suggest starting out with to figure out why my warning light came on? Thanks in advance (ps-I used the search function and couldn't find anything related so if there's a similar thread I apologize).

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rolle! I figured out its FAN ERROR 18.2, so I'll try checking out the fuses before switching out the relay. Hopefully that'll get the ol' girl good as new again.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey bud same thing happened to my 2011 848 2 weeks ago. I was coming home
One night after work and about 2 miles of road was torn up. I didn't think anything of it and continued home. The next day I got a warning light with the fan error. I did a few searches and found rocks can get suck between the shroud and the fan. Try reaching up and spinning the fans with your fingers. Bike off of course you might find one a little jammed up. Spin it free replace the 7.5 amp fuse and you should be good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts