Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

I'm new to the forums and Ducati.

After a lay off from bikes from several years I'm looking at buying a Ducati 848 Evo.

Previously I had a Kawasaki GPX750R which was quite a good sports tourer. I like going for quite long rides and weekends away but now I have two young kids I don't think I'll be doing long tours anymore.

So I want a bike that looks good, will be used daily to go to the gym etc but one that I might like to use for a weekend trip.

Does anyone know if I can make a few adjustments to the EVO - higher bars, lower pegs etc that will make it a bit more comfortable for long trips.

Its pretty much perfect so I only want to adapt slightly.

All best:

-Jonathan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. A lot of people say it's not good for long rides or commuting but then others do all that and more on it. I'm tempted just to buy it and see! I liked the 821 monster but the 848 makes that look very tame, not that I'm in any way a speed merchant.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Just take a test ride and see for yourself. Personally, I think the only thing uncomfortable about the bike is the seat, aside from that I can burn through gas like nothing. Just get an aftermarket seat, throw on a tankbag and a tailbag and you've got a perfect weekend sport tourer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I love my 848.

My 848 does not tour.

Every time I sit on a streetfighter 848 I say to myself, "I bought the wrong bike."

But such is life.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks WhiteDuc89. I just love the look of the bike and if I could do a few hundred miles in a day on it I would be more than happy. It just looks perfect. The aftermarket seat is a good idea and I think I can raise the handlebars a little. I hate messing with perfection but just a mild tweak shouldn't be too much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone here put the speedy moto bars and lowered the foot pegs? I'd love to know how that affected it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like mine for touring, added bags, softer grips and a softer rear spring. Does need a better seat, I wear padded bicycle liners for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Ok, now your just changing the whole aspect of it. Maybe you should look into a streetfighter.
..or possibly even a Ducati Multistrada

1 - 10 of 10 Posts