Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after some ups and downs with my bike I figured its time to finally wrap up a good review so far. My bike is a 2013 848 evo with the white on red. I bought the bike from atlantic motorcycles in fort Lauderdale and was absolutely happy since day 1. I put about 2k miles on it from street use and gradually began to put her on the track and began to mod the things I felt I wanted or needed according to how I was progressing as a rider. First thing I did to the bike was sliders all around (which have been tested a couple times) and I am very satisfied thus far. I have the speedymoto brand that goes under the fairing and on the wheels. After that I put on track plastics and tried a couple different brands and my end result was that the best bang for the buck was Moto Fairings Inc. based out of Miramar Florida. You can pick up an entire set for an excellent price and they discount very nicely when you buy in larger quantities. I see race plastic threads pop up here and there and from my first hand experience with several of their bodywork I have been very pleased. Fitment is 9/10, Durability 8/10. For a while the bike was used for both street and track use. Up until the bike highsided at Roebling at the beginning of the year I decided that I would only ride on the track. After this crash, the bike was completely taken down by Motocorse Performance in Ft. Lauderdale and the frame was sent out to GMD computrack Ft. Lauderdale. To my surprise the bike’s geometry and structure was fine and no major repairs were needed. At this point I added 28mm ducshop triple trees, brembo RCS master brake cylinder, 20mm ohlins fork internals, driven clip ons and longer bars, speedymoto foot peg tabs, 520 DID chain, 520 gearing with quick change, rear adjustable ride height tool, lightweight battery from Shift tech, adjustable clutch lever from shift tech, motoholders front fairing stay, woodcraft rearsets, zero gravity windscreen (corsa model I think, the tallest one), and a few carbon parts here and there from shift tech carbon. Motocorse has done a great job on my bike and they also provide excellent trackside support and advice. The customer service from shift tech has also been great! Parts were always shipped the same day and the quality and fitment of the carbon is amazing. I have probably at some point had everyone of his parts on my bike and they looked great! The carbon is very nicely clear coated and I did not experience any yellowing like I have on other products. After getting the bike back I instantly noticed the upgrade on the brakes. That Brembo master cylinder does some serious work! I would highly recommend it towards anyone looking to get out there on the track or just want an improvement on breaking. Now what changed the bike completely was the triple trees by ducshop. I have the 28mm ones and the bike behaves so much better throughout the turn. I use Pirelli tires (SC BLUES) and I have tried different sizes on the rear. I tried a 180/55, 180/60, and a 200/55. The 180/60 I felt was the best way to go. The 200 rear made the bike a little difficult to turn. The speedy moto tabs were also nice in combination with the woodcraft rearsets for adjustability. I eventually got my bike painted and ordered my graphics through Drippin Wet. The graphics were pretty sweet and I love the way the bike looks. Recently, I wanted to tune my bike and add a quickshifter. I purchased a product called Rapid Bike from Shift Tech and it was pretty awesome to say the least. Its something very similar to Bazzaz and PowerCommander. This Rapid Bike product was easy to install and I also got the quickshifter option which also allows for standard or GP shift. Im not the most technical guy when it comes to tuning specifications but the rapid bike products worked very nice. It is capable of auto tuning itself through the OEM O2 sensors. I use T4 gasoline from VP and so far I have about 100 or so miles on this product and it seems to only be getting better and better. The customer support from rapid bike direct is also amazing. They are an Italian Tuner who I think work under Dimsport. Their US distributor is out of Orlando and has provided me with great customer service. I have not gotten the bike on the Dyno to get specific numbers but I will whenever I get a break from work. Overall I am really satisfied with the bike now. With the Rapidbike product I also have a BMC air filter and Akra exhaust. The quickshifter works very smooth but it does take some time to adjust it and tailor it towards your specific needs and wants… so it does require some patience. I plan on getting a TTX rear with linear link and a gear indicator (personal preference). Im at work at the moment but I will post some pictures when I get home!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Sounds like a pretty sick machine! I race a 2011 evo. There are cheaper bikes out there for the middleweight class, but I love this thing....I'd love to try the offset triples....someday!

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I got a couple of sentences in to it and realized I don't have the attention span to read a paragraph that large. Sorry.

·
Court Jester
12,076 Posts
Thanks for the review, let's see those pics..

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Hmmmm I got 4 sentences that time. Good try TChase.....you da man!! Hey if I can dig up your e-mail on my GMail app, I can e-mail you the diagnostic app to load on to your Kindle Fire.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry i lose track of my writing and just ramble on and on! i will correct it so it is easier to read! here are the pics!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts