Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a fender eliminator kit with led license plate light , what do you guys recommend?

I'd like it to mount the plate under the end of exhaust pipes for a clean look, with the plate facing towards the tire...

I've see multiple kits on ebay for $150+ but I am sure there is better ones out there for the same price or cheaper

·
Registered
145 Posts
I put one on my 848 and I'll admit for me it was a bit of a PITA. But I worked through it and finally got it on. The tail has to come apart and the seat off which isn't a big deal but lots of screws. There's a write up I think of it somewhere on here. ImageUploadedByDucati.org Forum1403351627.310351.jpg

·
Registered
566 Posts
Do a search on the forum, there are tons of threads on fender eliminators. Lots of options, DIY tips and all. Comp Werkes LTD is the way to go though if you ask me. Love it on my bikes, really cleans up the ass end and you can still read the plate from a distance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks really nice, just what I am looking for!
Is that the comp werkes?

I put one on my 848 and I'll admit for me it was a bit of a PITA. But I worked through it and finally got it on. The tail has to come apart and the seat off which isn't a big deal but lots of screws. There's a write up I think of it somewhere on here. View attachment 79087

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes it is. You'll need a drill and a bit for plastic for size for the bracket that attaches to the underside heat shield. Some Allen wrenches. Maybe an extra set of hands. And a few hours.

·
Registered
224 Posts
make sure you get the LTD kit. i didn't find it very difficult, like he said just a lot of bolts. and of course drilling two holes in your brand new baby haha.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Piece of experience.

I blew a fuse when I did mine, and it was when I tried to use the led kit that is suppose to shine on the light. Granted I probably did it through being an idiot, but I triple checked before I attempted power and it still blew. Measure three times, cut once, power once.

It doesn't help that I also installed custom led's tail light with their stabilizers at the same time.

Man I had wires everywhere. Blood too...lots of blood.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts