Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any1 fitted or can you fit a bigger fuel tank to a standard 848.just to stop the continuous filling up with petrol

·
Registered
346 Posts
That fuel tank is made by eti fuel cel. I purchased my 5.6 gallon tank for my 1098 directly from ETI. It took about 3-4 weeks to ship as they are made to order. Drove up to CCR in Connecticut to have it painted. It came out to about $1,800 with shipping, paint, locking fuel cap, and antislosh foam.

I didn't realize the tank comes with its own proprietary fuel cap which is great and i really like the design. Before the tank came, i purchased a ducabike fuel cap which cannot be used and I have not gotten around to selling. The tank also uses a studs to attach the fuel pump base. I had already purchased new titanium bolts(stock bolts are soft) but I'll find other uses for them.

Keep in mind the 5.6 gallon tank is not an exact replica of the stock tank. it is a bit taller in the front. It is slightly higher than the steering damper bracket. There is an indent on the right side to make clearance for the bracket as well. It is noticeably larger but once painted it isn't as noticeable from a distance. It is much lighter than a stock tank but at capacity, the extra fuel adds weight.

I would recommend getting the corse dynamics fuel pump base from Motowheels if you do switch tanks. It was a pain to swap everything over to the new base but it was well worth it and make disconnecting the tank much easier.

These are the best pics i can find at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The finished product looks pretty good Keith.

These upgrades and enhancement aren't cheap though :(

·
Registered
346 Posts
The finished product looks pretty good Keith.

These upgrades and enhancement aren't cheap though :(
yeah they're not cheap. I had always planned on doing it because I bought it with an expanded fuel tank that was also badly keyed(vandalized) on the top. Plus worrying about finding a gas station every 90-100 miles as stressful when going on longer trips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts