Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i took the 848 evo for its first spirited ride (mountains) and noticed when going at a accelerated pace (the kind you wear full race suits for) I was going wide out of every turn and I have ridden this rode many times on Jap bikes with no problems. The only mod I have on is some rearsets. But my issue was it felt like I had to put in way more effort to lean it over and it would just carry wide. Any suggestions on how to ease this or am I just not use to ducks yet?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was reading for now i can move the forks down in the triple than ride height in the back because the 30mm offsets are expensive. You agree?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
i was reading for now i can move the forks down in the triple than ride height in the back because the 30mm offsets are expensive. You agree?
Naa... there ain't much you can do with stock components unfortunately. It's a whole host of issues stemming from poor factory setup and chassis geometry out of the box. Offset clamps help, but the real solution requires updating the suspension components so the forks actually go more into the stroke under breaking, extending the rear axel so there is more weight on the front and of course getting the whole suspension setup for your weight and riding ability.

You may be able to find a happy medium with the stock stuff, but the 530mm + swing arms of the Japanese bikes, put A LOT of weight on the front end, much more then the Duc's and you'll never get that feeling out of a 90 degree L twin.

Reactions: Troy T8

·
Registered
401 Posts
I had an 848evo 2011 set the sag for my weight and had a rip roaring time on it, track and road so don't freak out too much about what everyone says about what a shiot box they are stock. They are harder to tip in but rock solid.

If you want to spend the money you could do what I did to my 1098 which was pull the forks and give them to someone who knows the tricks, install offset triples and maybe a damper. On the evo I fitted an Ohlins rear but the 1098 is stock and refurbed (I'm heavy) and it's quite ok for my track ride days.

Enjoy it you have a very cool machine. Is it flat black?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Im trying to get back into the 848 game... sold mine last summer and Im already in the market for another. The thing that helped me out in cornering is new tires. You'd be surprised at the flat spot you get in tires, even when you cant visually see it... its there. So if your tires are old get some new ones. I used Q3's and cant say enough good about them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts