Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This hurts me be writing this but here it goes, I was 5 miles from being home after a 80 mile ride. I came to a red light off the access road, and there was a pickup truck in front of me that had water coming out from the bed of his truck. Once the light turned green he accelerated and it was a steady flow of water that came out from side to side. So I steered to go left of the continous spill and that's when my back tire slipped and the bike went down on its right side, the speed was not greater than 15mph.
Now for the damage that happened (needless to say the bike isn't even a month old and 50 miles till the first service) broke the blinker off and cracked the nose fairing, throttle grip and brake lever will need to be replaced, top and bottom fairing scrapped, brake pedal is bent to shit not usable, pegs got a little scrapped, my two main concerns are the wet clutch cover being outrageously expensive and that the steering lock will not engage when turned to the left(could the front if the bike be bent?). BTW the bike is insured by geico.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Good luck, work with the dealership before they send repair cost to insurance company....they total these bikes very easily....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the advice, I'm thinking it's about 4-5 thousand in damages. The main concern is the steering lock not engaging

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
If they don't total it make sure they don't change the title to salvage when they fix it.
Let us know how it goes, I just switched to GEICO on mine.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Filed a claim and I'll be hearing from an adjuster in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts