Ducati.org forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Since you ride your bike in the same hot weather, may I ask how it handles the heat? Like I mentioned before, that 999s got _extremely_ hot within 5 minutes of riding it. I couldn't believe it actually burned my legs through the jeans. Surely that's not normal for a 999 (or any Ducati superbike)? I wouldn't want to put on proper gear every time I take it for a short ride through the city....
My bike will get hot during extended stops or in traffic, enough to heat the leg to the point of discomfort but no burning.
Are they really all that rough? That'll take some time getting used to it - I've only ridden jap bikes before and they're quite smooth even at low rpm. About the 999 styling - while the 848 looks ok I think the 749/999 is a much more beautiful bike, second only to a mv agusta F4 maybe. That's just my personal opinion of course. However, 999s are really hard to find here and importing a second hand bike into Thailand is a nightmare (and very expensive too).
Well, not rough as such but the Ducati doesn't like to be ridden slowly, clutch-feathering is the name of the game. They're different beasts to the Jap bikes.
I've always loved the 999/749 design. I've never understood why it's generally disliked. The mirrors, lights and tail look great IMO.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am 5'8" and I have the superpole seat on my bike, which raises the seat at least 1" if not more, I still touch the ground with both feet, not flat but enough to be stable. You'll get used to it.
Likewise.
I am 5'8" and I have the superpole seat on my bike too and I too am not having a problem.
You'll get used to it.
Lowering the seat may affect the handling and compromise your ducati experience.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts