• Gulf Racing

Votes: 16 45.7%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a Stealth 848 that I have been considering repainting. I prefer paint, but I would consider wrapping, as my original fairings are in perfect condition.

The colors I have considered are Laguna Seca Blue (or similar), Arctic White, or a Gulf Racing livery.

The blue is a quick and dirty Photoshop job, and the Gulf Racing scheme may vary, but that's the idea.

I like that Arctic White is the most Italian and would match my Ducati gear, but Laguna Seca Blue has always been a favorite color of mine, so I'm torn. I tend to love bright colors, but the white (and even black) looks so good on this bike.

Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Gulf...If you plan on painting the frame the matching orange.

If not, I'd go with Laguna Blue. White is nice but theres a ton of white Ducatis out there. If youre gonna spend the money for paint or wrap, may as well do something different.

·
Registered
438 Posts
1 more for Gulf. And agree the frame needs paint. wheels meh, but frame for sure. Just ties it in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Se7enxn9ne, thanks for the render! Makes it even harder to stay away from the blue, seeing a higher quality render.

The gloss finish would be easier to take care of, but the frozen look of Arctic and Stealth really show the beautiful lines of the bike.

I agree that the Gulf livery would look best with an orange frame. I wouldn't bother coating the frame with the blue or white, though. Thanks for the input and votes everyone! The shop should be ready to accommodate me in the next couple of weeks, so my decision time is running out.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I alway liked the martini scheme.. I woild model it off a 1199 that I saw done.. It looked way better than the 1198 scheme you usually see

1 - 15 of 15 Posts