Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just wanted to get a few opinions on rebuild ability on this 2008 848. Bike is sitting at 4500 miles. Bike was lowsided and has damage to the front rotors, front headlight bracket, fairings, left clip-on, clutch lever, peg, and shifter.

Having a second set of eyes look over these photos would be helpful to spot any other potential problem areas. Most you would pay for this? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Court Jester
11,682 Posts
Is the title salvaged now? also check the rear set tabs that are welded on see if they are bent.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just finished doing the same thing to a bike.

Mine had:
Bent frame
Bent triples
Bent rotors
Bent wheel

That was $680 to fix

Fairing stay is $70
Chinese bodywork is $360

The dash is the most expensive thing to fix (yours look good)

I wouldn't pay more than $2,000-$2,500 with a clean title

They tend to nickel and dime you to death

Attachments

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Like he said above, a couple grand. None of that damage is too severe. Normal crash stuff. My only and biggest concern is how long the motor was running while bike was on its side.....

Good luck

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Also your shift fork inside the alternator cover likely is broken/bent. When the bike goes down on the left side, there's usually internal damage there. Possible radiator leak, bent forks (that right dust cover is in bad shape).

Personally, I'd pass. Definitely agree with Trussdude, not worth more than $2k. If I bought it I would see the good parts on it; you'd easily make your $2k back and then some. But to answer your original question: yes you could rebuild it fairly easily (I might have some parts to get you going too).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated. I decided to pass on it as well, sold shortly after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts