Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was unfortunately in an accident when a lady made a left turn in front of me, so I no longer have my Duc and can't try it myself. :bawling: But I just found out we are having a standing mile event in Arkansas next summer and it got me wondering.

Does anybody know what speed the Ducati 848 or 848 Evo would hit in a standing mile? I've tried searching online and can't find anything. Not surprised most people don't care for straight line performance on a Duc, but I'd still like to know. Haha Wouldn't mind any speed traps on other Ducs either.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
I was unfortunately in an accident when a lady made a left turn in front of me, so I no longer have my Duc and can't try it myself. :bawling: But I just found out we are having a standing mile event in Arkansas next summer and it got me wondering.

Does anybody know what speed the Ducati 848 or 848 Evo would hit in a standing mile? I've tried searching online and can't find anything. Not surprised most people don't care for straight line performance on a Duc, but I'd still like to know. Haha Wouldn't mind any speed traps on other Ducs either.
I don't know but on the track straight with my 848 evo engine I topped 156mph shown on the OD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, it probably would top out if it does 138.86 on the quarter mile. My 848 was my first 2 wheeled vehicle ever and I learned how to ride on 2 different R6's before it. But extremely embarrassingly when I first got on, I released the clutch too quickly expecting it to be similar to an R6. Just a bit faster. Well anyways, rear spun and I dropped it. Just scuffed the side mirror and bent the gear lever, but somehow it deactivated the governor.

I attempted to top it out a few months later and on the OD said 178 when it truly topped out. Tripped me out when it passed 155 since the original owner even said that's all it would let him do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.