Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Spark slip-on's a few weeks ago on my 2013 848 Evo Corse SE and could not be happier! I also put in a BMC filter and has the ECU flashed by MotoWheels. Finally got around to taking some pics and uploading some vids and sound clips.

Performance wise, I'm very happy. Certainly no loss anywhere that I can detect and the bike feels smoother throughout the power band. Previously the comfortable but ready to launch cruising speed was between 4200-4500; it's now more like 4800-5200. On a more comical note, you cannot, under any circumstance, hang out at 4000 OR YOUR BRAIN WILL MELT from low frequencies. Not 3900, not 4100. 4000 on the dot. It is mind numbing low end with a helmet on :kaioken:

While the exhaust went on relatively easy, I did the Comp Werkes plate kit. Great directions but man, what a PITA to pull the whole rear apart. This 'aint no Japanese bike :p

I did some before and after audio with a Zoom H2. ~68" high with the 120 degree side facing towards the exhaust, ~6' back. The clips don't do the exhaust justice...the low end coming off the Spark is tremendous. So much so I didn't do the 3rd higher rev like I did on the stock as it was later in the evening and I felt bad for my neighbors. If you crank it up on a decent set of speakers you'll hear some of the bass though.

http://www.trya.us/misc/848exhaust.mp3

After doing some cleaning today I decided to grab a quick vid on my iPhone:

I can totally recommend both Spark and the peeps at MotoWheels (got the exhaust there as well) :yo:

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Spark huh, never heard of them. Sound good, don't look that bad either. Little bit pricy though, what $799 for the slip-on's and $1999 for a full SS system. Hmm… good to know someone else is out there making exhausts for these things. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Spark huh, never heard of them. Sound good, don't look that bad either. Little bit pricy though, what $799 for the slip-on's and $1999 for a full SS system. Hmm… good to know someone else is out there making exhausts for these things. ;)
Yeah, they are an Italian company I had never heard of either until I did some research for Termi alternatives. The carbon and build quality is on par from cans that I've had on Japanese bikes from Yoshi, Akro, Micron, etc. Not sure I follow your line of thinking on expense though...considering the quality they are substantially cheaper than most of the more "popular" Duc exhausts. Even more so once you factor in a re-map (assuming you don't have the gear already).

·
Registered
5,882 Posts
Spark makes OEM exhaust for AMG, Lamobroghini and a few other high end MFGs. When we visited their factory a few years ago, I saw small pieces for Supersprint and a few other tuners in production.

They actually made the original production prototypes for Ducati.

Unlike many companies, they use a dyno to fine tune their systems. I think they are fairly inexpensive for their quality and compared to Termignoni.

-M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts