Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman,
Im curiuos to see anyone's recommendations as to what numbers ie preload,compression,rebound they run on their 848 with stock suspension.
Myself I am in a whirlwind of information with my mind on what to do with mine.I am not interested in upgrading the suspension that's not in the budget.Maybe a ride height adjuster
Myself 80kg with gear ,I like to hit the twisty roads roughly once a month and use the tyres all the way to the edge thou I still dont get my knee down It must be a fear of going further or my style is wrong.
With all this the bike feels as if the front wants to push in corner's when leaning over so I have to counter steer alot, and at high speed it's stable thou if I hit a bump or rut it becomes unstable quite easy.This becomes quite the workout even with the steering dampner at it's hardest setting. What to do .
Does getting a ride height adjuster lifting the rear and lowering the front forks in the triple clamps increase trail to a better number? that's with the right measurements
I appreciate any feedback

· Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shazaam
Thanks for the info and thankyou all for your reply's
Trying to understand whats going on with the bike and understanding what word to use to describe what Im feeling when riding is my mistake if its wrong.
When cornering say going left leaning over the front left handgrip feels as if it wants to come in towards me as if the front wants to push away from under me.Thou this does not happen all the time and remembering what Im doing at the time while riding is something I will have to spend time to find out and adjust to suit.
Im just trying to get my head around the different factors of suspension tuning to match the environment I ride without spending lots of money on a bike that already cost me alot.
Thanks for the advice I appreciate every bit.

· Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
blablac,
I have been trying to get someone to help me set the sag which I have no problem doing, just dont have anyone to assist me and the local ducati dealer are a bunch of dicks.
Do you know of any preload setting to get it set to my weight of 80kg with gear.
I was thinking I would have to set the rear all the way to the top of the collar and with the front have it set with 6 lines showing.
What do you think???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.