Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Ive been meaning to post on here for a bit as Ive built a bike with allot of parts I've bought from this site over the years. Its been near 5 years now since I bought a stock 848 and haven't stopped building since whether it be engine mod or a new part that became available.
Basically you could call this a short stroke 1198 as the stroke os still 848 but the bore is 1198.
I built to race in a class where the maximum capacity for a V twin is 1100cc.
Its probably come to the end as Im going to move onto another build.

848 crank.
1098 Heads and throttle bodies
1198 Barrels and HC pistol pistons.
Wet STM Slipper Clutch
Lightweight cam pulleys
Re flashed ECU with piggy backed PC3 for fine tuning and Quickshifter.
70mm Termi Exhaust System
1098r Alloy subframe

Desmo Gas charged forks
1098 monoblock calipers
DP RS Swingarm
TTX Shock with sat ride height adjuster and Kyle flat link
tss sprockets and carrier
Podium Raceing adjustable triples

CDT Carbon Fairing and Tank.
Carbon Fairing stay bracket, Belt covers, and just about everything else I could convert for weigh saving.
Titamium as much as I could before getting to ridiculous.
Metaltech rearsets.
SES Rear Thumb Brake
Brembo RCS Brake and Clutch
Woodcraft Keyless Harness
Full Spectrum P3 Battery
Marchesini Magnesium Rims. 6" rear
Ohlins Steering Dampner
DP Quick Action throttle
Brembo floating disks
STM Clutch slave

Well thats the brunt of it but pretty easy to see in pics the rest.

162hp at the rear wheel.
157kg wet.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
mother of god! Were the big bore pistons to go with the 1198 cylinders custom made? I've been looking into a big bore for my EVO, but can only find kits using 1098 cylinders. Amazing build though, simply incredible!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mother of god! Were the big bore pistons to go with the 1198 cylinders custom made? I've been looking into a big bore for my EVO, but can only find kits using 1098 cylinders. Amazing build though, simply incredible!
You will only find 1098 cylinders as a big bore kit as 1198 cylinders won't fit 848 cases.
I started with 1098 bore but during a engine check about 18 months ago we found a crack in the cases so I used the opportunity to bore out new cases to fit 1198 sleeves.
At the same time we reduced the barrel height as much as the belt tension would allow. approx 1.8mm. Amazing thing is I have been very tentative to do any changes to the stock parts available like lightning and the like and this engine has never failed me once in over 10000 k's on the track. Have had it apart a few times to check crank/gear box etc etc and have replaced worn parts but 100% reliable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi
157kg with all. Oil and water. No fuel.
Can't race on carbon rims and the magnesium ones would be same or lighter I think
Darren

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi.
To be honest cant remember but were 1098 or 1098r.
Bike still going like a dream but I’ve since built a 1229s race bike which I’m loving.
Funny enough I still get out on the 1070 now and then and keep her up to scratch.
Biggest diff now is she has t Akro system on her. Massive upgrade. Power and 2kgs lighter.
Also switched to the Panigale front brake calipers and took 2mm off the rear brake disk for weight.
Cheers
Darren

1 - 14 of 14 Posts