Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick request from anybody that has an 848/1098/1198. Can you take a measurement of the forks where the top triple mounts? If you have the OEM forks that would be greatly appreciated. I am doing a fork conversion on my 999 and I need a top triple and the 1198 series seems to be a feasible route to take. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts
On a 09 1198 with stock showa's. I want to say mine were at 8mm, the third line down.

But just changed them out to a set of 30mm TT and Ohlins 811's I asked/pm'ed ANORXIC'51/Christian what his were set up at. And I just copy'ed him @ 10mm are what mine are set up.

Dan Kyle also has some pretty good info. It's floating around here somewhere, use search.

IO don't know if that helps with a 999 but it gets the the basic set up.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Are you talking about what the diameter is or what cul8er is referring to (distance from top triple to the top of the fork)? If it's the latter, then why does it matter? You can set it wherever you want to get the desired height. If it's the diameter, then 53 mm is the answer.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talking about the diameter. Looks like im not going to be able to use the 848 triples either.....

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Talking about the diameter. Looks like im not going to be able to use the 848 triples either.....
What exactly do you want to do? Are you just looking to replace your forks and triples with 1198 ones??

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I have a set of ohlins off an RSV factory that I'm trying to retrofit onto my 999. I've done research and everything else works I just need a top triple that's 51mm instead of 53 or 52mm

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I see. You can always get one and shim it. 1mm thick shim stock around it would do the trick.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm just going to shim my stock upper. Its just .5mm thicker than the 848 one so no point in wasting more money. Thank you for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts