Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a track bike I'm bring back to street. All of the lights and left control wiring was either removed or tied back. Can anyone help me identify these two things and their function? Also am I missing a clip for the connector (first 2 photos)? The plug slides right off. I'm not even sure what the connector is for. Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question.

Attachments

·
Court Jester
11,954 Posts
The last pic goes up in the fairing stay it's a sensor for ambient temp I think. You would be well served downloading the workshop manual. Also you can get used harnesses off ebay fairing cheap. The harness looks complicated alone, but when you see the manual things will fall in place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I couldn't find anywhere where it would connect. The first 2 I believe are somehow connected to the lights, just can't figure out why it's not locking in place. I assume a retaining clip is missing.

·
Court Jester
11,954 Posts
Thanks. I couldn't find anywhere where it would connect. The first 2 I believe are somehow connected to the lights, just can't figure out why it's not locking in place. I assume a retaining clip is missing.
There is a metal clip that surrounds 3/4 of the plug in the grove, if you look at similar plugs on the bike you will see.

Those first two are not, blinkers or running light so they could be the head lights my memory sucks. Do you not have a workshop manual?

·
Court Jester
11,954 Posts
There is a metal clip that surrounds 3/4 of the plug in the grove, if you look at similar plugs on the bike you will see.

Those first two are not, blinkers or running light so they could be the head lights my memory sucks. Do you not have a workshop manual?
IPC might help workshop to big to attach

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not have the workshop manual. I do now. Thanks TChase. I'm assuming this is the same manual that is online under a lot of partsfinder searches. It looks the same. Ok. So I need to find that retaining clip assuming they sell it seperately and as expected when looking at the shop manual, there isn't enough detail, my assumption is they don't sell this clip seperately either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found what I need. Problem is I have no idea where to get it. There is probably not even a part number since the whole thing comes as one piece. Dead center in this photo you can see the metal clip that's missing from my harness.

·
Court Jester
11,954 Posts
Email Joe a pic of the plug, he will know. You might have to buy an entire plug for the clip.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I have some old cut/damaged harnesses here with those clips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts