Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

i have a little problem after i swapped the original showa forks into ohlins..

the man i buy it from, says it comes from a original 1098, and it must fit 1 on 1...

problem i have now, i get the original under triple tree clamp with it, but the original upper tree clamp don't fit anymore... the bolt hole original is 36.8mm from the center of the fork legs, but i now need one with 27mm from the center of the forks...

does anyone know from wich ducati i need the upper tree clamp plate, or what i did wrong?

thanks..

greetz Marcel

·
Registered
268 Posts
848 triples are set up for forks that are 53mm. Top and bottom. 1098 Ohlins are 53 top and 56 bottom. You will need new triples to mount these forks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the original 56 from the 1098, so when i buy the upper from the 1098 it will fit?

the problem is that everyone says the upper plate is the same... so it has the 36.8mm distance...

can anyone measure it for my who has a 1098 with ohlins front and a black under tree clamp plate, what the distance is between the center of the forks and the center of the yoke bolt?

thanks..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have the original 56 from the 1098, so when i buy the upper from the 1098 it will fit?

the problem is that everyone says the upper plate is the same... so it has the 36.8mm distance...

can anyone measure it for my who has a 1098 with ohlins front and a black under tree clamp plate, what the distance is between the center of the forks and the center of the yoke bolt? in my opinion it must be 27mm then...

thanks..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not sure what Dutch said, but the steering stems are diff btw the 848 and the 1098. It would be best if you install the 1098 lower clamp to your 848 steering stem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@ Dutch,

bedankt, maar de poten lopen van 56mm naar 53 op de bovenkant, dus de clip-ons zijn gewoon te gebruiken..

The legs in the downside from the ohlins are 56mm, the upperside are 53mm, so the original clip-ons are useful...

@ CommotoTony,

the problem is just that it is a original 1098 lower tree clamp...the seller says it is original, but i don't know the difference between a ducati 2008-2010 and later models... my problem is that it don't fit... so maybe i must get an original upper and lower, but it's hard to find a used set...

on ebay i just see it's an original 1098 streetfighter... that's probably the problem....

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
If I recall, the 1098/1198 clamps not only have a different length steering stem, but also have a totally different steering stop which prevents compatability.

In this case, the best course of action is to run aftermarket triples. This will give you an option to run less fork offset, which improves over-all handling.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Stem length

You may also wish to note that the 848 steering stem is about 15 mm longer than the 1x98.

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ja idd, dat heb ik ook gezien... 500 euro is zo uitgegeven... ik heb de onderste al op maat en zit ook al vast dus ben alleen een bovenplaat nodig....

maar wat ik zo begrijp is dat het dus niet 1 op1 past.... wat wel de bedoeling was...

maakt niet uit, ga ik op zoek naar andere oplossingen, tot het mooi weer wordt, heb ik nog even de tijd... en anders wordt het een nieuwe set...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
offset is dus +/- 25mm, stang is 1 cm verlengt en de stuurstoppers zijn iets aangepast... en dan past het...

Maar ik heb een onderkant van een 996 ohlins gevonden, deze past ook dus deze wordt opgestuurd en dan heb ik weer de originele offset van 36mm..

ik heb hier ook een 748, dus weet dat de maten hetzelfde zijn.. dus dat past gewoon.

als dat niet wil dan ga ik eens informeren bij je link...

Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts