:yo:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the Manual MadBones.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has any one find a more recent version of this manual? I imagine there are some differences between the pre eve 848s and the evo 848s. would love tot ind a copy of a eve shop manual.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There's this for $5.50: DUCATI SUPERBIKE 848 / 848 EVO 2008-2012 Repair Workshop Manual (html)
I've been curious if it's actually the EVO workshop/service manual or is it the 2008 version that everyone has for the non-EVO or is it something worse like the the Owner's Manual which you could just download for free from ducati.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it is actually covers 2010-2013 848 EVO ...and Ideally the Corse.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah I see it says 08 and up I'm guessing it's prolly the same 08 manual

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, it is basically the same: An updated 2008-2010 Non-EVO 848 manual.

I emailed them and asked them to confirm that it covered the 2011-2013 EVO models before I bought it. They said that it did cover the 2011 model and that it should still be good for the 2012 and 2013 excluding the Corse SE (which is what I actually want). I paid my $5.50 and downloaded it, thinking that it at least it would cover the EVO changes and be better than what I had.

They lied.

It is an updated 2010 version of the 2008 PDF manual everyone has but, it does not cover the EVO changes at all. At least the HTML version may be kind of nice over the PDF and it's probably a little more accurate from having been updated at least once. So, it wasn't a complete waste of money.

I asked them to update their description to something closer to being factual. If they do that then I might think of them less spitefully next time I need a Ducati manual.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, it is basically the same: An updated 2008-2010 Non-EVO 848 manual.

I emailed them and asked them to confirm that it covered the 2011-2013 EVO models before I bought it. They said that it did cover the 2011 model and that it should still be good for the 2012 and 2013 excluding the Corse SE (which is what I actually want). I paid my $5.50 and downloaded it, thinking that it at least it would cover the EVO changes and be better than what I had.

They lied.

It is an updated 2010 version of the 2008 PDF manual everyone has but, it does not cover the EVO changes at all. At least the HTML version may be kind of nice over the PDF and it's probably a little more accurate from having been updated at least once. So, it wasn't a complete waste of money.

I asked them to update their description to something closer to being factual. If they do that then I might think of them less spitefully next time I need a Ducati manual.
:mad: well that suds. back to the drawing board and endless days of searching to try and find an Eve one lol :conveyer:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Still works, Thanks!

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
How much different can the Evo service manual be from the non-Evo? Are the valve clearances different or something? Other than the throttle bodies, piston domes, cams (maybe), front brake calipers and a POS steering damper, it's the same bike.

·
Court Jester
11,688 Posts
The clutch push rod is different.. There are small difference but overall it works great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts