Ducati.org forum banner

848/xx48 DIY license plate relocation bracket

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Tooch 
#1 ·
I bought my bike with a Melotti Racing license plate kit. It was nice, but I don't like the plate hanging off the rear of the bike. I was gonna hack it up and make my new plate relocation out of it, until I googled it and saw it was like $180 new..... So I changed my mind lol (shsmelessnplug: it's for sale lol)

I read another thread where someone made one of .025 aluminum and wished they made it from something stronger, so I decided on a sheet of 22ga steel. I only had basic tools, but was able to a
Make a template of the bends out of an old hacked up license plate and some cardboard.

I was going to use those plate bolts with the LED's in them, but found the backs touched the exhaust. So I drilled holes in the center bracket and mounted them there. The amount of light they actually shine on the plate is questionable and unknown, since I never thought to look in the dark, but Pennsylvania plates are white and reflective they light up pretty good from headlights. I used high temp engine enamel paint and boom

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.