Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm riding a Ducati since 2011... actually a dream that came true with my Monster 1100evo... beginning 2012 I've decided to get an additional 848evo Corse :D... to actually get some track experience and to improve my skills...
Now, I'm at 800km on the 848 but I'm starting to think that there's a lot of things that aren't right on that bike... or maybe I'm just imaginating things...

1st of all, there's a major difference between the Monster and the 848... the confort zone is just gone... it's stiff as a board, one-figer braking is allowed but my balls aren't happy with the lack of adherence on the seat... but that's OK we're (me and my balls!) getting used to it :loser:
Once getting back to the Monster, I really can measure now... how fantastic that bike is... comfy, torquey, flexible... the perfect weapon for twisty roads...

Getting back to the 848... I'm just looking into ways to improve my experience on it (at the moment I'm just street riding it as I'm still breaking the engine in), so I'll receive in few days a DP neoprene seat and some TechSpec tank pads... I've got to get my ass locked wherever I decided to put it... The Termis and their ECU unit are waiting those 1000km to be completed and new foot pegs just as new levers are also on the way...... but I'm starting to wonder don't my suspensions need some kind of adjustments as I'm 220lbs heavy fully equipped?! Should I consider upgrading my suspensions to something more serious (TTX+Ohlins front forks... should be nice but... expensive!)...
Any other upgrade that would consider as a must?!?

Last but not least, I'll try to do 10% of track days on that bike... should my experience by rewarding it might increase a lot... but we aren't at that stage at the moment :cross:

Thanks for your advices! :naughty:

·
Banned
3,178 Posts
get the suspension set up for your weight including- get the correct rear spring and a ride height adjuster.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I can say this b/c I posted about this shit until I literally annoyed myself------

do a search in the 848 forum. Spend a few hours. You'll learn a LOT. Goooooooood luuuuuck. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
when your bring it in for service have them set suspension for you. or do it yourself .... suspension tuning and transform a bike

whats your weight now?

the seats gonna be hard cause its a not some cushy cruiser

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to superbike ownership! lol. First the stock seat is terrible at everything. It looks good thats about it. The best part I ever bought for my 848 EVO was a DP Superpole seat. You will find out soon though that once you are on the track you don't spend much time sitting in the saddle but rather sliding "intentionally side to side across it as half your butt will be hanging of the seat in every turn. As far as everything else goes your bike is pretty well equipped for the track. Better than most other bikes for that matter. Great tires, brakes, engine, suspension, steering damper, you name it.
There will be NO need to start changing parts on your bike until your skill level is actually high enough that the bike is actualy holding you back from running faster. You should however have your suspension and tire pressures set correctly as this will make a huge difference in "feel" and stability. The first upgrade I will be doing is a slipper clutch because you will find out quickly once on the track, that big twins will slide the rear tire when downshifting and braking hard going into a turn which is scary. You rev match the best you can but it takes a lot of practice to be smooth.
Also pick a tire you like and stick with it. The stock Pirelli Supercorsas are awesome but pricey. I look for a tall tire on the Ducati because it helps with the bike's weakness, quick turn ins.

Good luck, have fun and stay safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts