Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, first real curious thing I have on the bike.

After it sits for a while, like an hour or so, and even longer, like after I get out of work, I turn the key and the bike goes through the start up sequence. I hear the fuel being primed and that's where it gets odd.

The fuel won't prime. It sounds like it's starved for fuel, and then after that the fuel light comes on and stays on.

Now at first I thought okay, I rode it 100 out and back, maybe I made the idiot mistake, but upon inspection, she's half full...

Went to gas station, filled it. Second time it did this, was after that with a full tank.

If I turn the key off and back on, without starting, it primes and fires.

If I try to start it when it sounds like it didn't prime and the gas light came on, it takes longer but will fire after 3-4 seconds, but the light won't turn off.

What gives ?

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ehhh... Not for the low fuel sensor, as it doesn't prime the injectors the first time but it does the second time...the light comes on because no fuel goes into the injectors, triggering the fuel light.

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the problem hasn't gotten any better yet so it looks like it has to go to the shop. It does it now every time I turn the key, making me switch it off and on to make it stop doing that.

Blows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.