Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the new 959 Corse, but at around 17k price tag, I really wish they would have increased the hp by just a little bit. I'm still considering picking one up, I just want to see it in person first. Who else is thinking about it?

(just imagine it without the awful UK exhaust)

Attachments

Reactions: daniyal.syed

·
Registered
99 Posts
Honestly. Was excited for its release. I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near $17,000 with ohlins front and rear. I think they blew it without the sssa. And what's up with the tires? Should come with suoercorsa sp not diablo corsa.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The sp is terrible for the street. It's a DOT race tire that needs way higher temps (tire warmers) than you could ever possibly get close to while street riding.

So the Diablo Corsa is a better choice for the factory to put on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So once again.....you need ohlins front and rear, ohlins stabilizer, quick shifter with autoblip downshift and really really good STREET TIRES?

You guys are pretty slick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The sp is terrible for the street. It's a DOT race tire that needs way higher temps (tire warmers) than you could ever possibly get close to while street riding.

So the Diablo Corsa is a better choice for the factory to put on.
Sorry for being pedantic - the SC series is the DOT tire. The SP is the street / track day tire.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone know if the US version will also produce 150hp? If so, that is actually a decrease in hp vs. the standard 2017 959.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The standard 959 only makes 150 HP using the new measurement method that Ducati introduced earlier this year.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I don't like the marketing strategy Ducati has taken on this new platforms.
They hiked up the prices just makin small changes and improvements.
You can get an F4 or an apprilia with better package for the same price.
Just saying.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The bike pictured above is the EU version, US version will not have that wack exhaust and will still be at 157hp @ the crank. Saw one last weekend its amazing. Agreed the price is a touch high, I wish it had Akra slips.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The bike pictured above is the EU version, US version will not have that wack exhaust and will still be at 157hp @ the crank. Saw one last weekend its amazing. Agreed the price is a touch high, I wish it had Akra slips.
Errata, the US/Can/Aus version is listed at 150Hp. It can't be sold STD with a racing Akrapovic. The EU version is a homologated street version Akrapovic. Lastly, yes I think the price is high given there's no forged wheels.

·
Registered
159 Posts
website says comes with akra can.
id like to see actual pics of one with the aforementioned parts.
I could like with it for 17 FLAT plus tax. not 17.4 plus 900 in dealer bullshit
This is the actual pic of the stock Akrapovic which comes standard elsewhere than US, Can & Aus. This Akra is homologated for street compliance. It is not the racing "underbelly" version that we like. The Corse sold in our markets comes with the black stock canisters from years past manufactured by Remus.
Personally, I don't have a problem with that as I can understand the emission regulations requiring catalytic converters which the Akra racing version do not have. I think the price of the Corse is high given that the only significant difference between it and the standard 959 available here is the Ohlins suspension and steering damper. Ducati is pushing too much. Forged wheels should have been included for that C$2500 price difference.

Here's another way to look at it:
Adding an Akropovic racing exhaust to the price of a 959 Corsa will cost you more than a 214hp Panigale V4.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts