Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I'm planning on swapping my Monster for a Panigale 959, yet it is common knowledge that the 959 is a nut roaster. No matter at what speeds.

So my question is: is there any way to fix this problem?

I will use the bike on a daily basis, for the twisties, track and mostly commuting. I want to have more kids, so please I need to see if this problem might be fixed or if I need to look elsewhere (hope not though, because the 959 looks wicked!).

Thank you! :drummer:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did. It protects the air from coming up and on the sides, so it will be coming down again. Won't that melt the plastics under it?!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello!

I'm planning on swapping my Monster for a Panigale 959, yet it is common knowledge that the 959 is a nut roaster. No matter at what speeds.

So my question is: is there any way to fix this problem?

I will use the bike on a daily basis, for the twisties, track and mostly commuting. I want to have more kids, so please I need to see if this problem might be fixed or if I need to look elsewhere (hope not though, because the 959 looks wicked!).

Thank you! :drummer:
For commuting, don't just walk away from the Panigale, Run. Pick a bike where the exhaust flows down and under. If you're stuck on a Ducati look at the new Supersport or a bigger Monster. BTW, I love my 959 but I also own a M1200R for slower rides. The 959 is an R/T bike, not a commuter. Even the Monster can get a bit hot and does not provide any wind or protection from the elements.

·
Registered
159 Posts
For 2017, Ducati has filled the gap for those that are looking for a sportbike for daily use namely, the SuperSport S.
According to Ducati:
The SuperSport is the perfect sport bike for the every day roads. It's designed for the everyday roads having in mind the track, to transform every riding occasion into a personal track-day session. The SuperSport makes any rider a sport rider, anytime and anywhere.

Because the exhaust is configured differently it will be cooler than the Panigale. It also has awesome electronic features such as blue-tooth technology for your phone/music/gps.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey DarR! Thank you for the replies.

Yeah, my Monster gets quite hot, specially in the Summer. The Panigale must be 10x times worse. I will do a test drive next week because the Ducati dealer here swears the hotness is nothing special, haha.

The Supersport would probably answer all my needs, yet... it is quite ugly. That front is almost appalling.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Mod, You're welcome. The Panigale is hot at low speed especially stops and go's but not at high speed for which it is designed for.
Personally, I find the new Supersport drop-dead Ducati gorgeous from bow to stern.

Somewhere else on this board I discussed the Multistrada which I have extensively ridden but not owned. Now that's a road warrior for daily commuting and all-round use, including track! Not exactly in the same price range however.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There's no substitute for buying the right machine for your needs. This is the fundamental issue.
If you purchased a Panigale for commuting, you've cheated yourself. Very little can be done to change that afterwards.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The problem is that I keep buying bikes based on soul and not logic. I'm fully aware that the best choice for me would be either the Multistrada or a GS1200R. The thing is, even though I commute daily, it's only a 20 minute ride. All the time I spend on the bike, except for these 20 minutes, are pure leisure and even in these 20 minutes I get quite a kick! In this quick commute I ride most of the time between 90-120 Km/h and in some spaces I reach 170 Km/h with the Monster (since I'm "all torso" I get kicked quite a lot by the wind).

The stupid in me is even starting to put the 1299 in the equation. Since in Europe we have the 959 with that horrible exhaust, swapping it for something nicer will get almost in the price range of the 1299.

The problem with the Multi is that there are quite a few around. On paper the bike is perfect for me, yet the looks of it are slightly uncool. Most people I see on one are actually older guys. It's not cool to spend over 20K on a motorcycle that you don't really fancy aesthetically. It's also dumb to spend over 20K on a bike that breaks your spine and wants to kill your everytime you sit on it... but man, the looks of the Panigales are just so, so cool!

Btw, I'm also thinking about doing a few trackdays and actually improve my riding skills. Even though it is possible with a Monster and very doable with a Multistrada, probably it's a bit weird to be between R1s and S1000RRs, haha...

·
Registered
159 Posts
@modular
That's a very honest answer.. and Yes, our bikes should make our hearts beat faster. And that's the trade off...with no complaints.

·
Registered
159 Posts
On that note, I was very close to pulling the trigger on a Pike's Peak MuliStrada but preferred the Bad-Ass look of the Monster. The rest is history.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The simplest solution to the heat issue is to ride faster.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven't noticed much heat issues with mine and it is factory settings. I notice a little bit of heat when slow speeds but not really that bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It isn't too bad really but dont touch the 959. They don't start properly . This problem has been on forums since March. I just bought one and it takes between 3 and 7 goes. It is so embarrassing. Ducati shop says a software fix is coming. Unlikely as nothing has happened this year. No offer of help or fix. These are crap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Who has a fix for the 959 start problems? Mine takes up to 7 goes to start. No answers from Ducati.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts