Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently Suzuki isn't bringing anything out for 16 in any of the sizes. Who's waiting for what? The 959 clearly is beyond the gsxr750 class of bike and doesn't compete w the il4 600s but who is waiting to see what happens w the two new super sports that are due from Yamaha and Honda?

Depending on how they turn out I may grab one of them or an 899 because you won't be able to give them away

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Good article! Makes perfect sense to me. Most people are not crazy enough to spend $12k on a new 600 when for that price you can get a lightly used Ducati/Aprilia/BMW/etc. And if you search around for used 600s, you'll see a ton of them that are 5-10 years old. They're still good bikes, and because of depreciation, they're cheap. You can get a used 600 from around '06-'09 for as low as $3-$4k in great condition. Those are the bikes that people are constantly buying and selling. I've rarely come across used 600s that are only 1-3 years old.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Isn't this the 30th Anniversary for the GSXR? Thought they would have come out strong this year in show of their groundbreaking bike back in the day. Other segments in the market are gathering new riders so Japanese sportbikes seem to be on a longer refresh cycle than they used to be. All except the ZX-10 so hats off to Kawi..
Just another of the thousands of reasons to not buy a Japanese bike.

·
Registered
101 Posts
As an owner o both Ducatis and CBRs and others I respectfully disagree with your remark saying
"Just another of the thousands of reasons not to buy a Japanese bike"
Cool. Maybe "thousands" is a little much but I've owned and enjoyed all brands but Kawasaki and thought their built was fine for what it is. Rides were all fun but can't be compared to the timelessness of the 916,996,998...848
On styling alone, it's not even a conversation.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There's no ride like a duc I agree but I love my Japanese sport bikes never let you down..
My Yamaha was pretty incident free. My CBR had some warranty issues but I agree that when I rode from the NW all the way to Leguna Seca and back, I knew my Honda was gonna be just fine. My buddy even got into an accident in SF on his R1. Bike was a little twisted but started right up and we made it back to Idaho. A trip to remember for sure but when I was down there I just stared at the Ducs. Once the 848 came out I knew it was time...

·
Registered
175 Posts
2016 R6 has already been said to be the same. Supposedly Suzuki and Honda are both working on something pretty big but they should both be for the 1000cc class.

Personally, my Jap bikes have always been reliable. The only time I ever had problems with my CBR was when I washed it. Weirdest thing, first time I washed it my IRC went bad, 2nd time I had brake pistons stick. Other than that a great bike.

I don't think the 899 price will drop as much as you think. Sure a new model is coming out but it does not seem like it will be a huge difference, not the base model at least. That is assuming they come out with a S model equivalent. Most likely the TCS and such will be the same so it will be only a bump in displacement for the engine. If there is an upgraded model that will be the difference but how well will it sell when you can get a used 1199 for the same price?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had four ZX6Rs, two R6s, three ZX10s and one R1, and they were all awesome for me. All mainly street bikes with one race dedicated ZX6R. Never had any big problems with any of them whatsoever. Never been on a Suzuki or Honda.

When the new Panigales were released, they became my new goal. Now, I look at all the Kawis and Yamahas and can't help but think, "been there, done that". None of the new ones impress me at all. That is why I am here today, I still love the Panigale and hope to pick one up ASAP. Whether it be an 899 or 1199, I haven't decided yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.