Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of selling my 1999 996 - it has 20k miles , never wrecked / dropped/ down. Runs and looks great. No speical mods of any kind. What should be a reasonable asking price without giving it away ?

Ducati......of Corse

Attachments

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
incredibly difficult to offer you any advice Neo. I can tell you what they are here in the UK ( and it's not a huge amount ). The difficulty with that is that your dollar is in the shitter right now so a direct exchange rate comparison may give a figure that is totally out of line with your local market.

Not to my tastes and I am looking for one for a UK customer but good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
I agree with Tye. You've also got a bit of a special paint job on it which means your buyer list just narrowed. A very nice looking bike in my opinion but a bit of a niche market bike.

·
Administrator
2,888 Posts
That's a shame, because I've always felt that series is still the most beautiful motorcycle ever built, by anyone, anywhere....

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Better to just keep it. I don't / probably won't sell it , especially at a give away price and $5 grand isn't gonna really help me out THAT well. The 5 grand is gone and your stuck with no bike also.

It'll be worth 100 grand in 20 years. 😄

Ducati......of Corse

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
Yeah keeping it is the best value. It's a nice bike but I have a soft spot for race reps. The arrival of the 1x98/848 really killed the older bike market for the Ducati's. I remember looking at buying a 749 end of 2007 and asking prices were around $14,000 for a nice one and that was reasonable considering the original purchase price but for $2000 more I got the latest 848 and it was way more bike than the 749 was.

Keep it an enjoy it for that 20yrs then make some money off it!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts