Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with a luggage system (tank bag) for a 996. Is there a "ducati" made one or is it better to just get a generic brand?

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Man, your timing is off! I just sold my Bagster tankbag on ebay for $61! They're about $250 new. Personally, I prefer the bag I got which strapped on the tail - I haven't tried it on the 1098 yet. It's got two removable side compartments that sit on either side of the rear and a good sized main; and is held on by a couple of ockie straps underneath. I just put a piece of non slip rubber underneath to prevent any scratches and it never moved around. I can take a pic if you're interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Duanne...thanks for the reply. Was your bagster with the tank cover or just a bag by itself. I thought there might be a ducati specific one? I will try to find a good magnetic one I think !!!! Need something to get me to the Island this year!! Thanks again dude

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Bagster tankbag comes with a cover specifically designed for 916-998 and has clips so the bag is easily removed for filling up with petrol, or carrying.

I don't like magnetic tankbags as they can attract small metal filings which end up scratching the tank. I've had a couple and was never that satisfied.

As I said I prefer the bag I've got as it doesn't intefere with my riding posture and you don't even notice its there, even fully loaded (well once you get used to it being on). It fit the 998 better than the 1098.

Have you got tickets for the MotoGP yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't got tickets yet,,,,or even sorted out accomodation come to think of it ! Plenty of time for all that. Can't wait for round one Qatar on Sat 10th !!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have got accommodation but haven't decided on whether to get the Ducati tent or Siberia. did the Ducati thing last time and it was great, so might go that way again. I do miss seeing it from around Siberia though, as it's awesome seeing them spinning it up as the exit the turn and you get a good view of Honda corner.

Did you see the supers from the weekend? That was excellent racing!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah
Super's was great.!! Not sure what to do with GP? Thought we might give the tent down at Honda corner a go as you can see right from turn one to the exit of siberia. Am trying to get some people together to share a place in Cowes. Which agent do you use?
Where is the Ducati tent? Is that on Gardner straight?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brian
Thanks heaps mate,....ended up getting a "moto one" generic brand that seems to work well. Its magnetic but i just put some carpet underlay under it to stop it scratching!
Thanks for the reply anyway'
Rob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts