Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've placed an order on the 1098S but thinking of downgrading to the 1098 as I will definitely get the termi's, chip and alarm. Also dont like the red line around the wheels too much :)

On my current beloved 998 I've got the bling bling clutch cover, stainless steel springs, Clutch pressure plate etc. Would love to transfer it to the 1098 but will it fit? I'm going the sell the 998 soon so wonder if I should advertise it with the clutch cover.

Thanks all and cant wait!

PS. Never liked the 999 series. Glad Ducati listened to there riders and went back to the 916/998 style. I always thought to "myself" I had the best looking bike on the on the road... Until I saw the 1098.. Damn u ducati! U make me spend money :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
It fits!

My dealer mounted this clutch cover on my 1098 S:

The frontsprocket cover from 998/999 also fits.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered a Ducati Performance Clutch plate. I will change the springs when the plate is delivered.

GreetS

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the alarm there, it could just mess up your electrics and I doubt it will do anything to deter a theft.

I just collected my 1098S and had a 999S before and never fitted an alarm, the difference in insurance costs is normally offset by the alarm cost.

just my opinion of course...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looking on the ducati accessories webpage I assume the security device should plug straight in to the 1098?

I want the alarm to stop people from sitting on it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts