Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 998 for just over a week and it is incredible. I am still getting a feel for the bike. One issue that concerns me that sometimes the bike will suddenly surge ahead, but I have made no change in throttle input. I am worried I will be coming out of a corner and it will hit. It is as if the bike suddenly gets more fuel. Disconcerting to say the least. Has anyone seen this behavior before? The bike has just over 15,000 miles with a power commander and FBF pipes. One if the exhaust canisters does seem to have a leak. I know several of the fuel lines were recently replaced. Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely popping on deceleration. Still trying to figure out what normal is for this bike and I am not sure what map the PC is running.

·
Registered
192 Posts
the power commander justs modifies the existing map of the chip, very fine tuning. just disconnect it and the map will just run the stock map of the chip.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
You'll have to put the stock harness to the injectors back in if you remove the Power Commander. The PC shouldn't be the problem as it does nothing below about 3500 rpm.

Throttle cable too tight and causing binding?
TPS set to 150 mV?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts