Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am making my move to Ft Worth, but am at my girlfriends in South Dallas until my house is ready mid month.

I added carbon air runners to my Bostrom 998S. I moved the tank around to get better access. After putting it back together and turning the key, fuel shot out of the lower rear of the tank. It is coming from the black L arm (near the yellow one). I pushed it back in, but that did not help. Any ideas? I had my R6 and Hayden 848 at the local Duc dealer, but don't want to leave the Boatrom there for days due to a simple fix.

Also looking for pointers on changing my clutch basket. Am this be done with regular tools??

Rodrigo
[email protected]

·
Registered
167 Posts
It sounds like you broke or cracked one of your plastic fuel quick disconnects. The only way to solve that problem is to remove and replace with either new oem plastic or upgrade to metal fittings. You can find the male and female fittings at Ryan Herco flow solutions, if you need the pieces now. They were cheaper than buying online metal ones. Plus you get them today.
The clutch basket can be changed with regular tools but you might need a clutch holding toll just to make things a bit easier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This will sound Shady, but I made a cutch holding tool from a wooden plank. It worked perfectly, the length was about four foot, me thinks.
I can send ya a photo? The thing bolts right to the input shaft flange, stretches right to the floor by the rear wheel and holds her nice.
Used the new basket as a template. You draw/drill the basket pattern holes and will have to have some hole saws for the big center nut.
Took me about twenty minutes to knock up and get on with.
Just didn't feel like buying another specialty tool to use once or twice and decorate me tool box. :unsure:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts